View Full Version : Impax/ Corepharma IR generic adderall discontinued

Wooohah
09-11-17, 01:43 PM
I'm quite frustrated right now and I'm getting a bit anxious, their generic brand is the only brand that works well for me out of the 4 brands that I've tried.
This is a PSA announcement so you guys can be informed about this as I'm not seeing anything about this online.

My local pharmacy recently ran out of Corepharma and I just called the manufacturer today and they informed me that the entire line of IR generic adderall has been discontinued.

If you are like me, and Corepharma works the best for you... you should start looking for a new pharmacy that carries and alternative brand.
Different generic brands may affect each person differently, I'm not a medical professional, therefore I will not suggest which brands you should take.

sarahsweets
09-16-17, 06:36 AM
I'm quite frustrated right now and I'm getting a bit anxious, their generic brand is the only brand that works well for me out of the 4 brands that I've tried.
This is a PSA announcement so you guys can be informed about this as I'm not seeing anything about this online.

My local pharmacy recently ran out of Corepharma and I just called the manufacturer today and they informed me that the entire line of IR generic adderall has been discontinued.

If you are like me, and Corepharma works the best for you... you should start looking for a new pharmacy that carries and alternative brand.
Different generic brands may affect each person differently, I'm not a medical professional, therefore I will not suggest which brands you should take.

I searched everywhere to find info on this with different search terms and I cant find anything about this being true, I also searched the fda's website. Are you sure its not just something thats being presented as fact but that isnt actually a fact?

namazu
09-16-17, 12:53 PM
I searched everywhere to find info on this with different search terms and I cant find anything about this being true, I also searched the fda's website. Are you sure its not just something thats being presented as fact but that isnt actually a fact?
It's true that Impax is discontinuing their generic.
See the announcement from the FDA (https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/drugshortages/dsp_ActiveIngredientDetails.cfm?AI=Dextroamphetami ne+Saccharate,+Amphetamine+Aspartate+Monohydrate,+ Dextroamphetamine+Sulfate+and+Amphetamine+Sulfate+ Tablets). (Click the Discontinuations tab and scroll down to Dextroamphetamine Saccharate [...].)
For each dose, there's a note dated January 5, 2017, that "The company has made a business decision to permanently discontinue manufacturing of the product."
I don't know if another company (or something Impax merged with?) might pick up the slack, or if there will just be fewer generic options going forward.