View Full Version : ADD-PI; third medication?

Fluppets
09-14-17, 06:13 AM
Hi,

I feel like I am in the right place here for my learning disability AKA ADD (primarily inattentive, no hyperactivity).

I am currently on 200 mg of Serlain (SSRI) and 5mg of Abilify (Aripiprazole). Which is working fine with little to no side-effects. They're helping me by reducing (social) anxiety, removing depressions and helps me focus (less all-over the place), mostly things related to my "coping mechanisms" that I built up over time.

I am however, still having problems with what I call the fundamental dysfunction; which is long term learning and functioning. I still struggle with finishing (long-term) tasks, focusing on unpleasant tasks over immediately gratifying activities (which leads/has led to abbusive behaviour for games, TV/internet, weed and alcohol), maintaining and developping relationships.

What would be your recommendation for a third medication?

tl;dr I am looking for a third medication (aside from abilify and serlain) to help with long-term focus.

sarahsweets
09-14-17, 08:54 AM
Why is your doctor not medicating you for the adhd?

kwalk
09-14-17, 08:37 PM
Looks like you just need a good old stimulant

Fluppets
09-18-17, 03:37 AM
Looks like you just need a good old stimulant

But aren't stimulants more for the hyperactive part of adhd?

Fluppets
09-19-17, 03:26 AM
Update: I've been prescribed Wellbutrin XR 150mg.

I hope it does the trick, im kindof excited but cautious at the same time.

sarahsweets
09-19-17, 04:29 AM
But aren't stimulants more for the hyperactive part of adhd?

No, stimulants are for any parts of adhd including hyperactivity, inattentiveness, impulsivity and other parts of adhd. Its a myth that they only help with hyperactivity.