View Full Version : Wellbutrin + Abilify Combo

farshad
09-15-17, 11:27 PM
Hello has this combination worked for anyone? I am starting wellbutrin 300mg and 5mg abilify soon for depression and social anxiety,adhd and I was wondering if anyone has found relief from this combo?

Fluppets
09-16-17, 11:40 AM
Hi,

I am on Serlain (SSRI) and 5mg of abilify and this combo has worked for my anxiety, depressions and has made me more focused, less all over the place.

I am still having trouble with my ability to focus on long term tasks though and I was thinking of adding Wellbutrin for this (still researching), so I am curious to hear from your experience aswell.

So I cant speak for the Wellbutrin, but the 5mg abilify was positive for me.
(make sure you start off lower and build it up, because it might make you abit zombified at first) It made me more focused, less all-over-the-place and less 'jumpy'.

farshad
09-16-17, 01:38 PM
Its just day 4 but the wellbutrin has made me more motivated, more energy,focused, less depressed, happy, Things require less effort.. I could go on.
And abilify makes things more rewarding, makes me calm, I think it helps with my depression too.

I take abilify at night and wellbutrin in the morning thats how I know how each feels like but who knows..

Fluppets
09-19-17, 03:23 AM
I've just been prescribed wellbutrin (along with 200mg sertraline and 5mg Abilify).

Ill let you know how it affects me, but Im not going to decide too quickly; im mostly looking for its long-term effects so ill be judging the combo in a month and then again in 3 months before I decide on it.

farshad
09-19-17, 04:57 AM
its been like a week now. This combo really works for me.
Probably the 2 best meds I have ever tried, and I have tried many.
Might switch to Agomelatine as it does what both abilify and wellbutrin does and has less side effects and its just 1 med.

Fluppets
09-20-17, 11:38 AM
Hm, agomelatine seems to be a relatively new drug and there seems to be some discussion still about its efficacy, especially for ADHD.

Definitely something Ill keep an eye on if my current combination falls through.

If you dont mind me asking, do you have Primarily inattentive, hyperactive or combined?