View Full Version : Nervous, new generic

Swissy
09-19-17, 09:59 AM
My doc increased my dose from 10mg to 15mg IR. I was given a brand called Mylan. He had stamped my script "no Mylan" about 6 months ago, so I called to ask about this. He said Mylan is fine. But we all know how different each generic is. I am starting with 1/2. I would love to hear reviews of Mylan from you guys (I know each person reacts diff rentals but I still want to hear something positive).

My experience with my 10mg Sandoz lately hasn't been good. My stomach has been upset, I get a little light headed (like it's speedy) and no focus. So I guess it can only go up from here.

Little Missy
09-19-17, 03:39 PM
How is it?

Swissy
09-19-17, 05:52 PM
So far I have taken one half at 10:45, and the next half about 4 hours later. It's a stressful day for me, but I have to say my anxiety is low and I feel better than I have taking the 10mg Sandoz for weeks now. I am going to say it's not bad so far, and hope it stays good!

Editing to add that I cannot comment on the focus part yet as I haven't had enough time to screw anything up , lol. But I am remaining optimistic... I remembered one errand I was sure I'd forget and forgot one I was sure I'd remember during the first couple hours of my first dose so I'm counting that as a wash haha.

MyAchillesheel
09-20-17, 09:31 PM
Swissy, which pharmacy dispensed the Mylan?
Was it CVS?
I have yet to try it.

Greyhound1
09-20-17, 09:50 PM
Swissy, which pharmacy dispensed the Mylan?
Was it CVS?
I have yet to try it.

CVS is Teva where I live.

Swissy
09-20-17, 09:59 PM
I got Mylan from the same mom & pop shop I got my 10mg IR Sandoz. I don't think Sandoz makes 15mg IR. As of a year ago the Walgreens near me had Teva. Honestly the Mylan worried me, I likely would have gone with Teva had I known I would get it. I am glad it worked out the way it did; I am still feeling positive about Mylan. Today I had a hectic day and am pretty sleep deprived so I don't think I am getting the full effect yet. Tomorrow, more of the same.

aeon
09-20-17, 10:31 PM
I've had good results with any and all Mylan pharmaceuticals I have taken.

Cheers,
Ian

TrapezoidPills
09-20-17, 10:44 PM
Generics switch at will depending on whats in/out of stock at a pharmacy.

Try not to dwell upon it. :)

Swissy
09-21-17, 03:49 AM
Generics switch at will depending on whats in/out of stock at a pharmacy.

Try not to dwell upon it. :)

This is probably true for many places, but I can say that both the Walgreens I have used for almost 20 years and the mom/pop pharmacy (only get my adderall here) I have used for one year have been consistent with the generic brands I have received.

Swissy
09-21-17, 06:48 AM
Update- 7.5mg (1/2 of my 15mg) seems to work better than 10mg of my Sandoz generic. I am sleep deprived, yet focused and alert at work. No more light headedness, no more scatter brain, no headache yet and it has been 2 hours and it is still going strong. Only s/e so far is dry mouth, but I need to drink more water anyway.

AED1955
09-22-17, 03:54 PM
If you find a particular generic that works well for you and you have been filling it at the same pharmacy, it is a good idea to check with them before a refill, to make sure they are dispensing the same one. I have found that most will tell you over the phone which generic they are using, but some will require you to bring the script to them first.

One has to keep in mind that most chain pharmacies work on a very small profit margin and insurance companies only reimburse them a fixed amount for a particular drug no matter which generic they dispense. Naturally they are going to use the cheapest generic they can find to help keep the profit margin up.

Not sure if this is true, but I have heard the reason why almost all chain pharmacies sell such a wide variety of products is because they could not stay in business if they depended on the profits made from selling drugs alone. Also many people like the convenience of picking up their scripts and being able to pick up bread and milk at the same time. Not sure how the mom and pop pharmacies stay in business. I am guessing some people prefer the more personal touch they provide.

As a side note, this applies to other products as well. For instance gasoline also has a small margin of profit. To prove the point, when is the last time you filled up at a station that only sold gas.