View Full Version : Moving from Dexedrine to Ritalin

LouiseC891
09-24-17, 12:29 PM
Hi I've been taken off elvanse as I can't tolerate it, I become extremely angry and short fused.

I've been out on 5mg twice/day of Dexedrine, 4 days in it's giving me the worst headaches!! And don't feel any benefit from it.

The doctor said if I don't tolerate Dexedrine then we would try Ritalin.

Has anyone tried Ritalin after not being able to tolerate Dexedrine? How did it work out?

Thanks Louise

aeon
09-24-17, 02:03 PM
Best wishes...I went from Ritalin to Dexedrine.

Cheers,
Ian

Chandler96
11-08-17, 08:41 AM
Hi I've been taken off elvanse as I can't tolerate it, I become extremely angry and short fused.

I've been out on 5mg twice/day of Dexedrine, 4 days in it's giving me the worst headaches!! And don't feel any benefit from it.

The doctor said if I don't tolerate Dexedrine then we would try Ritalin.

Has anyone tried Ritalin after not being able to tolerate Dexedrine? How did it work out?

Thanks Louise

Vvyanse (Pro-Drug of Detroamphetamine) put me in the hospital. In 2011 I was switched to Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 20 MG IR 3 times daily (90) . It has changed my life. It seems ADD patients either react well to Amphetamine based medications or Cocaine-like medication (Focalin, Ritalin, Concerta, Focalin XR) . Reason I call them, Ritalin especially a Cocaine like medication is because they are NDRI's. They work in the brain the same way, RX'd they have a slower onset as oral administration is how Ritalin is meant to be taken. Anyways, (Sorry lol :yes: It's morning time and I just took my first methylphenidate tablet 10 minutes ago, so my ADD is off the charts.) I react well taking 20 MG Instant Release Methylphenidate. It's not only helping my ADD, it's a life safer for depression. There is some euphoria felt with this medication in it's IR form. However it's not something you can control. and It usually goes away after long term usage. So to answer your question: Ritalin is awesome :cool: :)