View Full Version : Amphetamine plus Choline

fathom6
09-26-17, 03:53 PM
Hi, I am taking Choline (Alpha GPC 600 mg or Phosphatidyl Choline 420 mg) to see if my slurry speech can be helped. I also take Vyvanse for my ADD in the mornings.

Would anyone know pharmacologically what happens when an Amp is combined with extra Choline? (due to supplementation)

sarahsweets
10-10-17, 04:00 AM
Hi, I am taking Choline (Alpha GPC 600 mg or Phosphatidyl Choline 420 mg) to see if my slurry speech can be helped. I also take Vyvanse for my ADD in the mornings.

Would anyone know pharmacologically what happens when an Amp is combined with extra Choline? (due to supplementation)

According to the US Institute of Medicine, there is not enough evidence to establish a Recommended Daily Intake for choline. The Australian and New Zealand national nutrition bodies note that while deficiency has been seen during experiments, there have been no reports of choline deficiency in the general population.[8] All three have published an "Adequate Intake" value, discussed below. The European Union's food safety authority says there are no Recommended Daily Intakes in the EU and "no indications of inadequate choline intakes available in the EU".[9]

Methionine and folate are known to interact with choline while homocysteine is undergoing methylation to produce methionine. Recent studies have shown that choline deficiency may have adverse effects, even when sufficient amounts of methionine and folate are present.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choline