View Full Version : Camber generic Ritalin

schleppenheimer
10-06-17, 12:35 AM
I am trying to check and see if other people are having issues with Camber Pharmaceuticals generic form of Ritalin. It's made in India.

We are just figuring out that my college-aged son has been taking this med, and we are seeing STRONG differences, as if he's not taking ANY medication at all. Now I'm wondering how long this has been going on...

Is there anything that can be done to prevent getting this generic? any way to take it back to the pharmacist and get a different brand? Probably not, I guess we'll have to wait and have his doctor SPECIFICALLY STATE on the prescription NO CAMBER PHARMACEUTICAL. So, he's gonna flunk school for a month...

I hate the U.S. healthcare system.

MyAchillesheel
10-06-17, 02:21 PM
Yes, the Camber is a poor form of generic methylphenidate. If you can't afford to buy the brand name Novartis Ritalin the next best alternative would be the generic sold at Walgreens under the name Danbury/Watson/Activis/Teva (that's the name in ascending order from original manufacturer to current). They come in 5, 10, and 20mg size tablets and are marked as Dan 5, Dan 10, and Dan 20 on one side. This way you know it's the correct one. Walgreens always seems to only carry this particular generic.

If you want brand name Novartis Ritalin and your insurance won't cover it you can always try using the GoodRX coupon.

Here is a link on more info regarding generic Ritalin
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187682