View Full Version : Family problems..

ADDY4ME
06-22-05, 02:47 PM
Hello, thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Today, yeah, had a really bad day. I did take my adderall this morning, but it was something really simple and stupid that set me off.. my mom basically told me that she didn't believe me when I told her someone said something nasty to me. I flipped out.. Screaming, crying, telling her I don't want to live anymore.. and now I look at it and am like.. what the hell was I thinking? Who cares.. shoulda let it go. WHY CAN'T I DO THAT.. she is now calling my shrink suggesting that I am maybe depressed/bipolar but I am so so SO dependent on my adderall for weight loss, maybe even a little addicted to the buzz I get when I first take it.. it's kind of like a general euphoric feeling where you almost feel like you're on ecstasy because of the physical.. I dunno, I'm trying to be descriptive here.. but it just feels real good. You're not hungry (which helps with my weight loss) I feel like I need a cigarette asap, and that cigarette makes me feel so good.. it's just a truly amazing feeling.. almost a blessing that I'm lucky enough to not only be legally allowed, but somewhat expected, to take this magical drug every day, two times a day even. Anyone that's ever taken it knows what I mean.. it's like almost having butterflies about something but there's nothing to be nervous about.. it's wonderful. BUT.. the aftermath, heh, yeah.. not so magical. I definitely do act like a major ***** when I'm coming down.. sometimes when I'm on it.. cause yeah it makes me concentrate and motivate me, but not necessarily motivate me to do the right things.. instead I will be super persistent about proving my point, and making sure I'm heard.

Bottom line.. maybe I really don't have attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder.. maybe I did 5 years ago when I was prescribed.. and maybe it does help me a lot in certain situations.. but maybe I'm just bewitched by the feelings that my Dr. prescribes me. He is one of those nodders.. egotistical older men that will knowingly write you off as whatever you're trying to sell yourself as.. give you the corresponding medicine, as long as you are happy. In the amounts and brands that you like, might I add.

And I know that mention of distributing anphetamines on this forum is of zero tolerance -- but I really need to say this. Don't ever sell or give your meds. Seriously.. that stuff is really enticing and even seductive, in a way. Once someone gets that feeling, and I mean someone that doesn't really need it, it gives them the sensations of cocaine or something and they'll never stop asking. TRUST me.

In conclusion.. haha.. this I guess was more of a journal entry than a thread.. but do you all ever experience these symptoms of rage? Is it possible that maybe I am, in fact, bipolar? I don't know, man.. that has more of a negative ring to it.. does anyone know anything about the medication I would be on? I am just afraid that I'll get off my adderall.. onto Welbutrin (what does it do?), Prozac, or Zoloft.. realize that WHOA! I am gaining weight.. I really like the way Adderall made me feel a lot better.. I'm scared that I'm going to miss having that pick-me-up in the morning.. and if I tell my Doctor that, will it be too late? Is it possible to be on a lower dose of Adderall AND a mood stabilizer/anti-depressant at the same time? THANKS!!!

Imnapl
06-22-05, 05:09 PM
Addy,
Are you eating a balanced diet, drinking plenty of water and getting a reasonable amount of sleep every day?

ADDY4ME
06-22-05, 08:24 PM
Balanced diet.. well, I don't eat junk food and I'm dieting, so kinda.. drinking plenty of water and I sleep well.. I have a pretty healthy lifestyle minus the smoking.

Nucking_Futs
06-25-05, 07:00 AM
Addy my sister considered starving herself down to 80 pnds dieting. In order for the forums to be a useful place for yourself you must be honest or we will not be able to offer you much help. Are you dieting in the extreme? In just a few words you were able to set off some alarms its as though I've heard this argument before and it almost cost someone I love her life. If you think your in trouble tell your shrink today.

I have a life philosophy you might be interested in; here goes. You can spend your entire life trying to please those who don't love or care or you can focus your entire life on those who do love and care about you. When someone talks about me it hurts a lot less because I'm not putting any interest in them or what they think.

Be well,
Cherity

Moody Blonde
06-30-05, 09:14 PM
Balanced diet.. .. I have a pretty healthy lifestyle minus the smoking.
You sound like me!

Crazygirl79
07-05-05, 10:22 PM
Hey Sweetie
I'm 25 years old and I still have family problems...I can relate to all you've said...my mother doesn't believe in me or anything I say about anything....but thats all in the past as I no longer associate with any members of my family apart from my Pop on the rare occasion.

Take care
Sel:) Hello, thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Today, yeah, had a really bad day. I did take my adderall this morning, but it was something really simple and stupid that set me off.. my mom basically told me that she didn't believe me when I told her someone said something nasty to me. I flipped out.. Screaming, crying, telling her I don't want to live anymore.. and now I look at it and am like.. what the hell was I thinking? Who cares.. shoulda let it go. WHY CAN'T I DO THAT.. she is now calling my shrink suggesting that I am maybe depressed/bipolar but I am so so SO dependent on my adderall for weight loss, maybe even a little addicted to the buzz I get when I first take it.. it's kind of like a general euphoric feeling where you almost feel like you're on ecstasy because of the physical.. I dunno, I'm trying to be descriptive here.. but it just feels real good. You're not hungry (which helps with my weight loss) I feel like I need a cigarette asap, and that cigarette makes me feel so good.. it's just a truly amazing feeling.. almost a blessing that I'm lucky enough to not only be legally allowed, but somewhat expected, to take this magical drug every day, two times a day even. Anyone that's ever taken it knows what I mean.. it's like almost having butterflies about something but there's nothing to be nervous about.. it's wonderful. BUT.. the aftermath, heh, yeah.. not so magical. I definitely do act like a major ***** when I'm coming down.. sometimes when I'm on it.. cause yeah it makes me concentrate and motivate me, but not necessarily motivate me to do the right things.. instead I will be super persistent about proving my point, and making sure I'm heard.

Bottom line.. maybe I really don't have attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder.. maybe I did 5 years ago when I was prescribed.. and maybe it does help me a lot in certain situations.. but maybe I'm just bewitched by the feelings that my Dr. prescribes me. He is one of those nodders.. egotistical older men that will knowingly write you off as whatever you're trying to sell yourself as.. give you the corresponding medicine, as long as you are happy. In the amounts and brands that you like, might I add.

And I know that mention of distributing anphetamines on this forum is of zero tolerance -- but I really need to say this. Don't ever sell or give your meds. Seriously.. that stuff is really enticing and even seductive, in a way. Once someone gets that feeling, and I mean someone that doesn't really need it, it gives them the sensations of cocaine or something and they'll never stop asking. TRUST me.

In conclusion.. haha.. this I guess was more of a journal entry than a thread.. but do you all ever experience these symptoms of rage? Is it possible that maybe I am, in fact, bipolar? I don't know, man.. that has more of a negative ring to it.. does anyone know anything about the medication I would be on? I am just afraid that I'll get off my adderall.. onto Welbutrin (what does it do?), Prozac, or Zoloft.. realize that WHOA! I am gaining weight.. I really like the way Adderall made me feel a lot better.. I'm scared that I'm going to miss having that pick-me-up in the morning.. and if I tell my Doctor that, will it be too late? Is it possible to be on a lower dose of Adderall AND a mood stabilizer/anti-depressant at the same time? THANKS!!!

Crybaby1898
09-11-05, 04:29 PM
girl you sound just like me and my concerta. but now I accept the fact that i am over weight and i haven't taken my concerta in like over two or three months