View Full Version : Help!

Pigeon
07-03-05, 01:34 PM
I won't go into the details but I need to know if there's any way of helping Nailpolish on a carpet :confused: . The worst I know. It's bright pink on a grey carpet :faint: . I really need to at least dull the color. Any tips would be very appreciated cuz, my mom's freaking, I don't blame her, but it was an accident. Anyway no details, just asking for extream help! :eek:

Nucking_Futs
07-03-05, 02:25 PM
Remove as much of the nail polish as possible using a spoon or dull knife.

Apply a non-oily nail polish remover to a clean white cloth and gently rub (in only one direction at a time) or blot the spot. Continue until spot is removed. Do not allow nail polish remover to get to the latex backing. Go to the next step to remove nail polish remover.

Apply a small quantity of detergent solution to the spot. (To make the detergent solution mix 1/4 teaspoon of a hand dish washing detergent which does not contain lanolin or bleach with 1 quart of water; examples of safe detergents are Dawn® and Joy®.) Use a blotting motion to work the detergent into the affected area. If spot is being removed continue applying detergent and blotting with a white paper towel until spot is removed.

Rinse with tap water using a spray bottle, blot to remove excess moisture.

Spray lightly with water, do not blot this time; apply pad of paper towels and brick and allow to dry.

If there is still some stain on the carpet and blotting is not removing it, then moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Let stand for on (1) hour. Blot and repeat until carpet is stain free. Light will cause peroxide to change back to water so no rinsing is necessary. Apply pad of paper towels and weight down with brick.

Google its a beautiful thing. ;) Good luck and remember the nice things about mom's is that they are forgiving. :D

DaveHawk
07-03-05, 03:16 PM
Hey Fut's you seem to have some experance in this department.

Nucking_Futs
07-04-05, 04:01 PM
Name me one woman who hasn't spilled finger nail polish on their carpet. Just one Dave come on you can do it.

livinginchaos
07-04-05, 04:04 PM
The solution really really works,Pigeon and Futs!!! I had to use that a couple weeks ago.

DaveHawk
07-05-05, 07:25 AM
Fut's I dought I can, but how many can give a difinnitive answere to a cleaner. Not many. LOL

Pigeon
07-06-05, 10:29 AM
Thank you all so much I know it doesn't seem ADD related, but lord knows if I wasn't so forgetful (and clumsy) it wouldn't have spilled, lol. It didn't all come off but my mom's relieved it's not "glaring" at her everytime she walks in the room haha. Thank you so much!

meadd823
07-09-05, 07:42 PM
It didn't all come off but my mom's relieved it's not "glaring" at her every time she walks in the room haha. Thank you so much!

Is the stain in an area that can be covered by a small rug or piece of furniture????? A hyper active klutzy way of “making irremovable” stains disappear from site instantly(lol)

Pigeon
07-09-05, 11:49 PM
hehe no, it's right in the middle of the floor, haha we have a runner but it doesn't cover it....