View Full Version : Visual- Perceptual Learning Disorders

Crazygirl79
07-05-05, 01:49 AM
Can someone tell me what this is as I think I may have it

dormammau2008
04-16-06, 11:21 PM
CAN YOU EXPALINE WHAT IT IS THAT YOU THINK YOU HAVE?? COS IAM NOT SHORE HOW THAT ONE WORKS??? THANKS DORM

FullMetalOtaku
05-03-06, 09:42 AM
A perseptual imparment on my definition is when someone can tell you something twenty times over and you just don't get it. I have a Sever Perseptual Imaparment with math so it took me until my freshman year to learn how to divide. I forget alot of struff in math and it makes no logical sense to me at all >.<

dormammau2008
05-04-06, 10:27 AM
alchemist i like your pics by the way yes i got what you mean steaght waya thanks you dorm

FullMetalOtaku
05-04-06, 10:18 PM
alchemist i like your pics by the way yes i got what you mean steaght waya thanks you dorm
:eek: How do you about FMA? I'm so excited :D And thanks alot.

*~ žEEK ~*
05-10-06, 05:54 AM
alchemist i like your pics by the way yes i got what you mean steaght waya thanks you dormDorm!!!
What's up man?? :)
Did you get a spellcheck program or something??
The reason I ask is that it seems like your posts have gotten a lot easier to read recently! Well, at least to me they have! :)

Did you ever try out the Spellcheck program for Internet Explorer which is Free at -->http://www.iespell.com/ (http://www.iespell.com/) ???
I've used that program before, and it worked great for me!!
It should also work "Here" in the ADD Forums when you post!!

I sometimes have a difficult time reading and comprehending your posts as well as, other dyslexic people's posts, which I think is because of my own dyslexia!
Being dyslexic and trying to read another dyslexic persons post, I find messes with my brain and throws me out of wack for some reason!! LOL :D

I really started to notice how hard it was for me to read other dyslexic people's posts after spending some time reading the (dyslexic) posts in the forum/board at the dyslexia website!

You would think that it wouldn't and/or shouldn't bother me one bit, but for some odd reason I found it really started messing with my eyes, as well as my brain, when I was reading all those (Dyslexic) posts on the dyslexia forum/board I just mentioned above. :eek:

Anyway, I just thought I'd ask about your posts getting better, since I haven't heard from you in quite a while!
Maybe your posts just seem better to me after reading so many "Dyslexic" posts on the dsylexia forum!! LOL :D
Most of the people on the dyslexia website don't even try to correct their spelling errors that they make, which I understand could be quite liberating, however, I found it frustrating myself, just trying to wade thru what they were really trying to say, and having to constantly stop because a word would be so poorly spelled that I had no idea even what the word was that they were attempting to spell! :)

Well, I gotta run!
You take care my friend! :)

Peace,
*~ žEEK ~*

FullMetalOtaku
05-19-06, 09:41 AM
Sometimes I think I'm dyslexic because when I write (by hand) I flip around my b's d's p' and q's. My implusiivity impares my handwriting too because I will write a totally random letter I don't even need and then write it again for some odd reason. I know some people who are dyslexic but they seem to have no problem really. My neighbor Debi is dyslexic as hell but she gets through 6 novels in like-a week and that's kinda fast for someone who has alot of trouble reading....

nekoashide
07-11-06, 11:29 PM
Sometimes I think I'm dyslexic because when I write (by hand) I flip around my b's d's p' and q's. My implusiivity impares my handwriting too because I will write a totally random letter I don't even need and then write it again for some odd reason. I know some people who are dyslexic but they seem to have no problem really. My neighbor Debi is dyslexic as hell but she gets through 6 novels in like-a week and that's kinda fast for someone who has alot of trouble reading....I really flat out refuse to write anything unless i have an eraser on the other end. I have most of the problems you describe but i also write words i never intended to write. They just for some reason come out.

As far as reading goes i have read 300 page paperbacks in hours with full recall. Most likely, I'm like your neighbor. I never actually read the words like a normal person would. I see them but never read them, In my head they are recognised and so long as i have seen the word in my head i speak the word and draw a picture. Kinda like making a movie, As i continue to read the picture changes.

The only thing that slow me down is sometimes i come across a word i have never seen. After learning to pronounce it. Either right, Or wrong. Create an image if it's significant enough and then continue. After crossing the word in as little as one time i'm usually set to continue full speed ahead. Basically the full recall comes from the fact that i have the movie in my head. Even if i cant remember the names of the characters which makes it hard to know exactly who was bad and who was good in the book even if i know exactly what happened.

QueensU_girl
05-18-07, 07:48 PM
Visual means it has to do with seeing.

This is NOT ONLY to do with the eyeball itself, but it also has do with the how the eye is 'mapped' (represented) in our Brain tissues. (AKA the 'visual cortex').

If we have a mis-wired, or damaged Visual Cortex (brain area for eye), we cannot see, despite having a fully working Eyeball and Optic Nerve.

(Some people think that LDs are a form of brain 'mis-wiring'.)

A Perceptual LD (e.g. visual perceptual LD) is an LD that is happening at the stage of Sensation or Perception... It is probably a mis-wiring of the sensory nervous system.

"Perception" is at the beginning of the system where we "take in" information. (It is happening before we get to the later part of the chain involving "processing".)

-----------

Sensation is the actual use of senses. e.g. seeing a nameless "shadow" in the dark.

Perception is the interpretation as our nervous system "converts" and interprets those sensory signals. e.g. "The shadow looks like my dog "Ruffy"."

http://familyfun.go.com/parenting/learn/assess/feature/dony18learningdisabled/dony18learningdisabled3.html
Visual Perception:

One might have difficulty distinguishing subtle differences in shapes .
One might rotate or reverse letters or numbers. ("Mirror Vision"). This can make a person mis-read the symbol.
Some might have a "Figure-Ground" problem. The eye/brain is confusing what figure/object with the background.
The person might skip words, skip lines, or read the same line twice.
Other folks might have difficulty mixing info. from both eyes to create depth perception.
The person might misjudge depth or distance, bumping into things or having difficulty with tasks where this information is needed to tell the hands or body what to do.
If there is difficulty with visual perception, there could be problems with tasks that require eye-hand coordination ("Visual Motor" skills) such as catching a ball, doing a puzzle, or picking up a glass.