View Full Version : What to do , what to do?

yupyup1128
07-08-05, 01:05 PM
ive been off adhd meds for about a little more than a month ... its summer time and theres no sschool so i dont need to sit still and i cook so it suits me well. But even in that enviroment i am still too hyper and strange for most the people, if you can believe that.

Ive tried all the meds and it seems nothing works so my psychogloist has refered me else where to be evaluated and i still havent gone through with that, i want too but i just havent gone through with making the plans and what not. I dont think i can be helped at this point. I dunno what on earth is wrong with me.

I get along with people but after i warm up to them i think i come off way too strong and scare them away ... or do something stupid ... im not nervous im just hyper and figity and talk alot its just how i am!!!

I need to find some websites to do a self evalutaion, i remember a while ago on here there was a link somewhere but i cant find it ... if anyone could help me out that would be great.

I just need to link together why the meds wont help me ,.,, why im having such social realationship problems ... cuz maybe its not jsut adhd and obsessive compulsivness ... as random as this post sounds i feel.

I just need one of those links to get an idea of what else is going on with me ... i tried once and it mentioned boarder line personality disorder, whats that exactly?

Any suggestions or anything would be nice!

shinobi
07-09-05, 12:06 AM
k, dont have any links memorized but if you go to the main forum page and click search and type in something like "online adhd test" and filter through the stuff you will proly find a few. As for boarderline, why not look in the borderline forum, its a bit below and to the right of the substance abbuse forum. Ask a few questions there and your sure to get some good feedback.

Imnapl
07-09-05, 12:22 AM
yupyup,
I have read that if a person is correctly diagnosed with ADHD, most med problems are a result of an incorrect dose or timing. Is there a problem that is preventing you from seeing another professional for evaluation?

FightingBoredom
07-09-05, 01:34 AM
ive been off adhd meds for about a little more than a month ... its summer time and theres no sschool so i dont need to sit still and i cook so it suits me well. But even in that enviroment i am still too hyper and strange for most the people, if you can believe that.

Ive tried all the meds and it seems nothing works so my psychogloist has refered me else where to be evaluated and i still havent gone through with that, i want too but i just havent gone through with making the plans and what not. I dont think i can be helped at this point. I dunno what on earth is wrong with me.

I get along with people but after i warm up to them i think i come off way too strong and scare them away ... or do something stupid ... im not nervous im just hyper and figity and talk alot its just how i am!!!

I need to find some websites to do a self evalutaion, i remember a while ago on here there was a link somewhere but i cant find it ... if anyone could help me out that would be great.

I just need to link together why the meds wont help me ,.,, why im having such social realationship problems ... cuz maybe its not jsut adhd and obsessive compulsivness ... as random as this post sounds i feel.

I just need one of those links to get an idea of what else is going on with me ... i tried once and it mentioned boarder line personality disorder, whats that exactly?

Any suggestions or anything would be nice!

One of the links you are looking for is to www.brainplace.com

Hang in there and STOP beating yourself up. It's simpler to succeed when you deal with one thing at a time or break things down into smaller chunks.

I would say the first step is to get to that doctor for a professional evaluation.

I know exactly what you are feeling about fitting in and about trying out what seems like a pharmacy to find no real help.

Again, hang in there. I was where you're at 8 years ago.
I just kinda gave in and didn't deal with it. And I thought I could stop taking the meds I was on....and boy was I wrong!

I also wish I had dealt with finding better meds sooner.....bc in the past 8 months, after finally trying a bunch of different meds that didn't work, I found one that is helping more than I thought possible over 8 years.

KEEP PUSHING FORWARD: ADHD treatment isn't a science. It's mostly by trial and error and it seems like more error than success.....but you only need ONE successful med solution, right?