View Full Version : Anyone with Personality Disorder other then Borderline

MafiaKiddo
07-11-05, 10:24 PM
Whenever I go looking for others with a personality disorder I usually find a bunch of people with Borderline but can't really find anyone dealing with anything else. Occasionally Obsessive compulsive but still thats no help for me.

Anyway just curious if anyone here has a different personality disorder. I've asked on other boards and never found anyone with the same problem as me so figured I'd try here too.

Don't really want to get into my problem if no one else has it so I guess you can PM me or if your better at dealing with this then I am guess you could just respond here. :D

Crybaby1898
09-10-05, 04:00 PM
yeah I have a mood disorder and a borderline of course i don't know what kind they are you would have to ask my mother. meadd823

Iohmondieu
10-19-05, 12:59 AM
I have a Histrionic mood disorder, I also show some signs of Narcissism.

Moody Blonde
10-19-05, 12:05 PM
Hey Maffiakiddo, if you want to meet others with other personality disorders, I should introduce you to my relatives.

Malignant narcissists.

STYLe4MotiOn
12-25-06, 08:19 PM
Whenever I go looking for others with a personality disorder I usually find a bunch of people with Borderline but can't really find anyone dealing with anything else. Occasionally Obsessive compulsive but still thats no help for me.

Anyway just curious if anyone here has a different personality disorder. I've asked on other boards and never found anyone with the same problem as me so figured I'd try here too.

Don't really want to get into my problem if no one else has it so I guess you can PM me or if your better at dealing with this then I am guess you could just respond here. :DYeah, Narcissism.

But I have Borderline too :D

Lucky me...:p

nzkiwi
12-26-06, 02:31 AM
ocd personality disorder, check my spelling, check my spelling.

Matt S.
12-26-06, 03:35 PM
Ive got a combo... The anger and rage of a borderline, the lack of guilt of an Antisocial and the Lack of empathy and entitlement of Narcissist add OCPD to the mix and I can be full of fun.

mcovey
01-12-07, 09:38 PM
It was suggested to me by a therapist that I might have schizoid but she didn't make a formal diagnosis.

I don't think it is even a real disorder, even though I do exhibit pretty much all of the "symptoms"

nzkiwi
01-12-07, 10:06 PM
I hate the personality disorder diagnosis. I was once told by a probation officer that I had a personality disorder. I told her to go **** herself. I also reminded her that she was a probation officer not a therapist. Needless to say I ended up spending the next month in jail. LOL

But seriously, when has labeling someone as having a personality disorder helpful. I think the label can create guilt and makes the disorder sound purely a weakness of character.

I know others may disagree.

Crazygirl79
01-14-07, 07:03 PM
Nzkiwi.

I agree with you when it comes to the labelling, I've been wrongly diagnosed before with different disorders I don't have, it was purely by accident I actually found out that I have SPD but it's the most correct diagnosis besides the ADHD so far.

Labelling can make people feel guilty, inferior, freaky, etc etc and it definitely doesn't help when you have someone like your probation officer whose probably NOT a qualified therapist making such statements and while this person's entilted to their opinion,they actually have no right to make any kind of diagnosis.

Labelling should be used less...that's all I have to say on thisI hate the personality disorder diagnosis. I was once told by a probation officer that I had a personality disorder. I told her to go **** herself. I also reminded her that she was a probation officer not a therapist. Needless to say I ended up spending the next month in jail. LOL

But seriously, when has labeling someone as having a personality disorder helpful. I think the label can create guilt and makes the disorder sound purely a weakness of character.

I know others may disagree.

nzkiwi
01-17-07, 12:55 AM
I actually complained to a mental health professional about the probation officer. I believe he called and complained about her self diagnosing people, and she was fired not long after.:foot: I didn't appreciate her labeling me, and I think she did it more to get under my skin than anything.:mad:

rebx
04-07-07, 11:06 AM
wow, there sure are a lot of narcissists who are actually stating that they have narcissistic personality disorder, how uncommon.

QueensU_girl
04-07-07, 01:12 PM
I agree with NZKIWI.

The whole labelling thing is such a load, at times...

I have seen so many females who are immediately labelled borderline b/c they are self-injuring or have anger, AND a trauma history. (While not displaying other symptoms.)

My SO (psychiatrist) says the label is WAY WAY overused, and mis-applied.

Often, I see that the label is just a way to blame victims.

Blah.

Staff training is bad, too. Staff hate the label. (Although I have been assaulted by a severely Borderline (and ASPD or DID?) woman who lied and said I struck her. I had the bruises. Could not lay charges. All I wanted was my rental money back!)

SpaceTraveller
04-13-07, 12:40 AM
Avoidant here