View Full Version : journal/research article resources

livinginchaos
07-21-05, 12:32 AM
Hi! I'm hoping a lot of you can help me out, please!!

I'm looking for some great web sites that have free journal and research articles.

I already know about google scholar.

What are some other ones? I know you research assistants can help me out!!

Thanks a ton!!

Court

stanzen
07-22-05, 01:54 PM
I just checked out neurotransmitter.net
It has a new section on ADHD with some research articles. The webmaster there seems to post links to many full-text available articles.

The site has some ads, but the research isn't focused on selling products.

Also, Pediatrics, lists many of its articles online as full-text. You can't tell if a listed article is available free online or not until you click on pdf or full-text when you view the abstract. So, you can view some and others request a password.

Be aware: I've noticed that many scientific articles available online for free seem to be biased towards groups who have an agenda (such as anti-psychiatric or anti-ADHD groups). Perhaps they pay the journals or publishers to be able to permit online access? I don't know.

But there's a lot of good stuff as well.

Good luck.

livinginchaos
07-22-05, 04:56 PM
Thanks a ton, Stan!

stanzen
07-23-05, 12:01 AM
Oh, before I forget:

If you live near a college or university, they often have electronic access to a number of journals onsite.

For example, I bop down to UCSF or the University of Cal. Berkeley with a hot list of unavailable articles. There are terminals in all the libraries for searching the catalogue. I look up the journals, find full text articles, then either email them to myself or copy them to a floppy disk.

You don't need a password to use library terminals. They're public institutions, after all.

Cheers,

livinginchaos
07-23-05, 01:57 AM
Thank you, once again, Stan.

I am currently taking an online class, but I'm finding that they don't have very many full text readings in their online library. That's why I'm trying to find other resources.
I think I'll head to UMN to check out what they have.

I appreciate your assistance!

Court

dbr2
09-16-05, 09:09 AM
Try WebMD

DBR

Chele77
07-13-06, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone,
I am writing a research paper on adult ADD for one of my college classes. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good site that had current info. Especially in regard to the human genome project and/or ADD being in our DNA and/or the physiological causes. Thank you in advance to anyone who responds! :D

VisualImagery
07-23-06, 10:59 PM
How is the paper going Chele? Pm me for some resources if you like.

RAD

VisualImagery
07-23-06, 11:00 PM
http://www.genome.gov/ADHD/