View Full Version : I HATE it when........

meadd823
08-09-05, 12:02 AM
I finally clean my kitchen floor ; get sweeky clean and shiney!!! It is some sort of hard wood and cleaning it is not an easy task. :faint: Only to have it rain for three days so my clean kitchen floor becomes mud covered grainy, and dirty!!!!!!!!

Man I could have saved an afternoon (played on the computer instead of scrubbing $%^^# floor) and left it fithy and no one would have known the difference!!!! :mad:

adhdxyz
08-09-05, 08:52 AM
I hate it when...it snows.

My adhd son, my add husband and my adhd daughter all spend an hour getting their snow clothes on. (I don't do snow/cold).

They argue over gloves, boots, snow suits, sleds, etc.... You name it, they argue over it. Then my son won't want to cover his face when it's below zero. My daughter complains when she has to wear more than one pair of socks because that's not cool. They argue about what hill to go on. When they finally are out the door, I lay beach towels down in front of the front door.

I should lock the front door because like boomarangs, before I know it, they are back home again because they were bored, or nobody was there, or they kept arguing about the sled, or the hill, or it was too cold, or or or or.....

I then have this huge pile of wet clothes to deal with. They then complain about cold feet, cold noses, cold ears, headaches, whatever. They complain.

Anything that can get put in the dryer does so it dries. The rest goes in the bathtub.

Then our 4 dogs (and 1 cat) have to be dealt with. Let them out, let them in. Wipe their feet. Let them out, let them in, wipe their feet. (Did I mention I hate snow?)

As soon as I think I'm done, it all starts over again. The phone rings and somebody wants to go sled riding. Out come the snow clothes once again. The things that couldn't go in the dryer are still wet. They tear the house apart trying to find different gloves, different boots, different coats, (what about different moms?)

I HATE IT WHEN IT SNOWS. If they decide to all move to Alaska, I am going to Florida for sure. They can send me a post card.

Uminchu
08-09-05, 10:24 AM
I think one of the greatest things about Japanese culture is the practice of taking off the shoes before entering the home.

minn306
08-09-05, 10:28 AM
I finally clean my kitchen floor ; get sweeky clean and shiney!!! It is some sort of hard wood and cleaning it is not an easy task. :faint: Only to have it rain for three days so my clean kitchen floor becomes mud covered grainy, and dirty!!!!!!!!

Man I could have saved an afternoon (played on the computer instead of scrubbing $%^^# floor) and left it fithy and no one would have known the difference!!!! :mad:
Oh I can totally relate. I scrub the kitchen floor only to have the daycare kids come in with their muddy feet from walking through the grass after being in the pool.

minn306
08-09-05, 10:31 AM
I think one of the greatest things about Japanese culture is the practice of taking off the shoes before entering the home.
I know that for most people around where I live, people automatically take off their shoes when they walk into a house. It is due to the winters & ppl bringing in the snow/mud but I think it is also done in the other seasons just out of respect.

Uminchu
08-09-05, 08:06 PM
I know that for most people around where I live, people automatically take off their shoes when they walk into a house. It is due to the winters & ppl bringing in the snow/mud but I think it is also done in the other seasons just out of respect.
They take off their shoes in Hawaii too. I think it's a really great habit. Now I cringe when I visit my USAian family and kids jump onto their beds with their shoes on ...

minn306
08-09-05, 08:07 PM
They take off their shoes in Hawaii too. I think it's a really great habit. Now I cringe when I visit my USAian family and kids jump onto their beds with their shoes on ...
OOHH That would make me totally cringe!!!

livinginchaos
08-09-05, 08:15 PM
My apartment won't automatically clean itself!!

meadd823
08-15-05, 12:23 AM
I hate it when I wash the clothes before we go out of town so I won't have dirty laundry when we get back, yea right what do we manage to bring back with us ?????DIRTY LAUNDRY!!!! Ugggg it never ends.

I hate it when some thing rots in the frig. I refuse to clean what ever dish it rots in I throw it away. Gary complained once and HE got to clean out the icky dish, then I won't ever want to use the storage dish again because I sware I can still smell the icky moldy stuff!!!!!!

Nova
08-15-05, 03:35 AM
This has nothing to do with anyone here, lol !! I absolutely hate it when I give my 'all' to try and convince someone of a positive solution to a situation, and they insist on being negative. Especially after trying for several hours...It's a prelude to my being the most 'hostile' person on the planet !! (which gives them the edge in the end..'don't' it ?)
Nova