View Full Version : Bipolar, ADD and med trials

addithink
08-10-05, 01:48 PM
I have been treated pretty successfully for Bipolar illness for 3 years. I am presently on Lamictal (300MG) and Risperdal (1mg). I was recently diagnosed ADD and started on Strattera. After working thru the side effects , I went into a mixed episode. Lack of interest in everything, antisocial, lethargic, and any symptoms my ADD meds were supposed to help got worse. The last time I felt this way is when a doc put me on Prozac 10 years ago. Antidepressants don't seem to do me any good since I am more on the manic side then anything.

My doc wanted me to try Straterra since the stimulants have a probablity of putting me into a manic episode. But after my unsuccessful attempt with Straterra, she started me on Concerta. I took my first this morning and boy can I feel a difference in energy levels and drive to get things done. Its a good feeling so far (like drinking 3 cups of coffee) and I have much hope for this med. Over the next few days I will observe my ability to stay focused and check in with you all.

I just wanted to let you know my experiences with Strattera so it could help others identify if they are having the same problems.

Take Care