View Full Version : Favorite room to clean or is it OCD??

FlyGurl
08-15-05, 06:02 PM
My most favorite rooms in the house to clean:

The bathroom, I love to scrub it and get it all sparkly, mostly cause it stays that way for a long time and it gets some of my anger or thoughts out of me
The living room cause well HELLO it's seriously the most easy room to clean, just dust vacuum and your done...oh yeah and pick up the million toddler toys, barbies and well yeah..maybe it's not the most easy room..but you can clean and watch TV at the same time :)
My OCD room is my BedRoom....that room can only be cleaned by me and only I can re-arrange everything in it...which I do at least 4 times a month if not more. Everything is perfect in there...Well just about I share it with my 2 year old but she already knows that the BedRoom is a clean place...maybe thats why my living room is a mess most of the time. :)

Crazygirl79
08-18-05, 08:07 PM
I'm not OCD but I like cleaning the bathroom too but I HATE every other room...lol

meadd823
08-18-05, 08:51 PM
Hmmmm my favorite room to clean is the one that is already done!!!

If I had it may way cleaning would be done by some one else

or

Cleaning would not be required at all self cleaning rooms, stuff with homing devces that automatically go wher they live after a certain amount of "ideal time".

JRJ
08-23-05, 07:37 PM
Yeah- I vote for the bathroom too. Not too big. Everything pretty much has "its place." No major reorganization required and the standard (for cleanliness) are pretty clear. Neat, clean, scum free, no bad odors and if you're lucky, shining!)
Once over lightly in the kitchen has its own rewards as well. But for major cleaning--better call in the troops!
Joan
JRJ

twalsh03
10-21-05, 12:28 PM
On those "cleaning days" (the days when I come home from work, excited... no, ecstatic... to start cleaning), I find that I almost ALWAYS start with laundry.

twalsh03
10-21-05, 12:29 PM
^ However, my bedroom is my OCD cleaning room. So is the kitchen!

crazy_no_more
10-21-05, 01:31 PM
My OCD room is the kitchen. I can't handle it being 'messy'. I clean it from top to bottom probably every other night. And I don't know why it is, but I can't stand for ANYONE else to clean. It is like they don't put the dishes where "I" want them. They don't clean the cabinets and floors the way "I" like them. It drives me crazy. When I was out of town my boyfriend had his momma come and clean the kitchen. (now this is before I found out about the ADD and before meds) but, I remember being soooo mad. I know I was mad about my kitchen for a good week. Things were moved, etc. She even replaced the dishwashing liquid to the one 'she' uses, rearranged the pots and pans, even took out the antibactierial hand soap and replaced it with some kind of 'milky' soap. It took me alllll day to get the kitchen back to the way "I" wanted it. We live together so he didn't understand it. He kept saying, "well, it is my kitchen too." I think now that I know I have ADD and am on the meds that he understands now. He lets me do whatever with it and stays out of my way when I am "crazy" cleaning! LOL :)

so yes, it is the kitchen. all the other rooms... well, i kinda 'forget' about them. but, now on the meds I find myself getting 'bothered' when one room is 'messy'.

justhope
10-21-05, 04:09 PM
Mine are the shared rooms....living room, dining room..bath...anything someone visiting might see...not always the kitchen as long as there is not a pile of week old dishes and trash....

My room and the boys...might be a death trap...enter at your own risk!
You don't need to see it,sleep there anyway!
The doors shut!

Hope

meadd823
10-28-05, 03:25 AM
You don't need to see it,sleep there anyway!

Can't see the mess with eyes closed!!!!

justhope
11-01-05, 11:56 AM
Good point Tammy,

But you can trip over the crap as it grows...and I might never find the little ones or animals until the bodies are ripe!!!!!
haha

Scattered
11-03-05, 02:28 PM
However, my bedroom is my OCD cleaning room. So is the kitchen!Where can you purchase some of that OCD cleaning, please? Actually though I think some of my cleaning issues relate to some OCD tendencies -- if I can't have it perfect I don't do it at all.

I guess my favorite room to clean is my kids -- because believe it or not it's easier to clean a room shared by a 3 year old tornado and her ADHD 8 year old sister, than to clean the rest of the house!:eyebrow:

After that, I like to clean the kitchen most, because things tend to have a place where I know where to put them. When I don't know where to put something -- I get very stuck and don't do anything.

Scattered

puzzlingpurple
12-17-05, 03:39 PM
My OCD room is my bedroom. It gets cleaned almost everyday...ah such satisfaction! And I also clean my bathroom all the time. Then again, the roomate I share my bathroom with(i have three roomies) NEVER cleans the bathroom. But I'm just fine and dandy with that since I love cleaning. Kitchens and bathrooms need to be the cleanest rooms in my place...no questions. Speaking of cleaning, I need to do that today...It's probably the one thing I'm actually going to remember today.

desertotter
12-17-05, 05:51 PM
the only rooms I ever clean are the kitchen and the bathroom.... I cant stand "filth" the idea of stuff growing just bothers me. my bedroom is a total mess, but its all books and stuff, so its "clean", just messy.

I clean my bathroom twice a week, and pay a cleaning women to come in once a month and give it the good scrub. the kitchen gets cleaned as I go, it's never messy...

neroballerino
02-21-06, 11:47 PM
I don't think i have a favorite room to clean. when i get in that cleaning mode, i clean it all

meadd823
03-02-06, 09:25 AM
Puzzling I absolutely love your avatar!!!!!

I agree that having the kitchen clean is #1 priority, bathroom is a close second. Yea it’s the “growing” of stuff. In the kitchen is where I prepare my food bathroom is where I ditch it!!!!

when i get in that cleaning mode, i clean it all

There is a cleaning mode? Gee I think some one forgot to install mine. The closest thing I get to a cleaning mode is when stuff gets so piles and stacked to the point where my movement is restricted, I become agitated and that is my “mode” (lol)

oopsiforgot
03-11-06, 09:45 AM
One can truly see my ADD when watching me clean house. I never finish one room before going on to the next. I bounce around all day long...a little here, a little there...Oh no, today's Saturday! Hmmm...where should I start?