View Full Version : Fidget to Focus

Tara
08-18-05, 06:41 PM
There's a great new book out called Fidget to Focus (http://www.fidgettofocus.com) by Roland Rotz and Sarah Wright. It's very helpful for both childrena and adult with AD/HD. It's got some great sensory strategies.

BearWithMe
09-03-05, 04:42 PM
I purchased this book and thought it was really great. It gave me several aha's about "weird" things my son has always done... now it makes sense to me. What really caught my eye was the comment about how an ADD'er may be able to read or work better with headphones on. He has always insisted this was true. I personally can do math with music on, but I could NEVER read like he does. He also has always "played" with something while watching TV - rolling a skateboard back & forth on the floor, or rolling on an excercise ball. He is not hyper, just inattentive. I never dreamed there was a reason for this.

Anyway, it has helped me to realize that it's even MORE important not to force him to do everything my way, as my way just may be all wrong for him. I have asked my husband to read it too, again to enhance his understanding of this child we just don't get sometimes. I will also ask my son to read it, although he may not want to.

Gourmet
09-04-05, 11:36 PM
Thank you Tara. That sounds like a winner. I'm heading out to find it. BearWithMe, I doubt my son will want to read it either.:) From your description they have some things in common.

~gourmet~