Waterford/New London County
M. Nancy Dwire
CH.A.D.D. of Southeastern
Connecticut
(860) 442-5758

onegreatgal
11-03-04, 12:57 PM
Hi,
I started a new group for Adults with ADD after contacting the person who used to run the Mansfield group. It dissolved about two years ago. I also contacted the Stafford group and she told me she had started a group for parents of children with ADD, not for adults, but that group also has disbanded. I started a group about a year ago that meets the first and third Sat of the month, from 11 am to noon, at 776 Main St in Willimantic. I just posted this info elsewhere but wanted to include it here, as well, in case someone tried to reach the other groups. The fellow in Mansfield is giving my phone number to anyone who calls him, and he was nice enough to give me some phone numbers of people who had called before I started my own group -- which is quite small at the moment, but it's just a matter of the members doing some work to get the word out. thanks -- Brenda

onegreatgal
11-03-04, 01:04 PM
Hi, I forgot to add that there's a doctor in Mansfield who deals with adults with ADD. He is a psychotherapist (PhD), actually but not a psychiatrist, so he cannot prescribe medications, but he could probably work with your regular MD to take care of that. His number is: 860-423-9111 Also, Dr. Laguardia in Mansfield, who is an MD, doesn't counsel adults with ADD but does treat them, i.e. will prescribe medication. I believe one of his kids has ADD and he, also, may or may not have ADD. His number is: 456-7101 -- Brenda

meadd823
08-21-08, 10:23 PM
If you have up-dated information on a source already provided this is the place to put it - If you have any additions as to where there is a support group for parents as well as ADD adults them selves, families ect this is the thread to add that information -

I am trying to organize these areas and stream line the information so it can be easily located however this area can only be as good as the information members living in the area provide