View Full Version : Knitting

raspberryrum30
08-24-05, 11:13 PM
:) I Recently Got Into Knitting Lately And I Find That It Is Great For Concentration Relaxation And For Creativity. I Highly Recommend This Hobby For Anyone With Add It Is Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheezie
08-30-05, 09:00 AM
i've recently gotten back into knitting. i love it!

i don't have the follow through to complete more than a scarf, but, maybe as i get faster the bigger projects will be less daunting.

do you have any photos online of a completed or in-progress project?

my favorite part of knitting is picking out new yarn! :D

wheezie.

stori813
11-14-05, 01:51 AM
Being left handed I haven't been able to learn how to knit yet.
I just read about something called knitting looms.
Never heard of them before but from what I read they are good for lefty's.
Now if I can just figure out where to find them. :)

Imnapl
11-14-05, 02:01 AM
Stori, have you looked at the Continental knitting a.k.a. German method? Might be easy for a lefty. Here's a link with a video. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/knit.php

stori813
11-14-05, 04:51 AM
Thank You Imnapl :)
I'd really like to learn how to knit.

left-hanging
05-11-06, 09:07 PM
all else fails google it.
you can find out anything with google. i love it ^.^
personally i crochet a lot, but i know a little knitting too. i just started teaching myself.
crocheting is a lot faster and there's only a few stitches to remember, so maybe it might be easier for someone with a shorter attention span?

Imnapl
05-11-06, 11:38 PM
I've never had the patience to work through not being able to decrease / increase / count stitches for crocheted garments; knitting stitches are easy to count because they are on the needle. I've always wanted to crochet lace. I find all handwork very relaxing.

LENNOX LEWIS
05-12-06, 01:13 AM
yeah my mom loves knitting

Imnapl
05-12-06, 09:16 AM
Being left handed I haven't been able to learn how to knit yet.
I just read about something called knitting looms.
Never heard of them before but from what I read they are good for lefty's.
Now if I can just figure out where to find them. :) Stori, look up the European style of knitting; probably well suited for a lefty.

stori813
05-12-06, 11:49 AM
Thanks Imnapl I'll try that.
Hopefully I'll be knitting by the end of summer!

dormammau2008
05-12-06, 07:11 PM
you have me knitting next lol dorm

Imnapl
05-13-06, 12:14 PM
Did I mention knitting is good for ADHDers when they need something to do with their hands? It's a great icebreaker in waiting rooms and some social events. Knitting is portable, practical and creative. I've heard that there is a major revival of knitting with young people who don't have a lot of time and want wonderful new yarns to work with.