View Full Version : What type of help do I need to get?

08-30-05, 02:06 PM
I'm a newbie with a 20 year old severely ADHD daughter (diagnosed 2 years ago when I was on the verge of killing her and hiding the body:D ).

She has a psychiatrist who basically just sees her once a month for a med check. I recently got her a psychologist/therapist that she visits weekly to discuss her life, self esteem issues, goals etc.

While it all helps, I keep thinking she needs someone to help her with basic living skills- shopping, cleaning her apartment, balancing her checkbook, scheduling and keeping appointments, paying bills etc. rather than waiting until it is a crisis before reacting. I've tried finding ADD coaches in my area that I can afford but so far all I've found are email coaches who charge hundreds of dollars a month. Is there an alternative method to help?

(Edited to mention that I am not adverse to trying to help her with such skills but there is definite parent-child issues so I figured a third party would be better accepted).

08-30-05, 03:08 PM
You might try and see if they'll do phone consults with your daughter :)