View Full Version : Mis-matched opposites attract is this so.

meadd823
09-08-05, 03:49 AM
How many of you are clean "anal" OCD but live with a messy, living with/married to sweet slob who drives you nuts????

or

are more of us two OCD happy organizing the world or two slobs happy living ever after because no one can find you in all that clutter to mess your life up!!!!!

Gourmet
09-08-05, 04:37 AM
I am the disorganizer in the family...I undo and don't always put back together. But that's okay....I just put it in a box somewhere to get to later ;)
I love to introduce new and exciting thingies into my otherwise mundane world :D

The other guy...well he doesn't take up much space and is very particular, but I can't say he is a neat freak. Just anal.
He hangs on to useless objects that collect dust.

Aren't we a pair?

(thank goodness for that sweet little flylady!)

Uminchu
09-08-05, 05:21 AM
My only redeeming quality on household clutter is that I try to confine my piles to my office. And I make sure there is nothing here to attract vermin.

My wife, on the other hand, is the clean and tidy type -- although raising an ADD son has taught her to be a little more flexible on household cleanliness.

Draven
09-08-05, 08:11 AM
It is kind of cute but my son and I are the really messy ones and my poor 8 year old daughter is the neat orderly one. She has everything just so and my son nor I are allowed to touch her stuff because we might move it out of place. She drives us nuts and we drive her nuts lol. And I wouldn't have it any other way hehehehe,,, besides she likes to do dishes,,,, what kid or grown up likes to do dishes lol

Scattered
09-08-05, 12:21 PM
I think it would be nice to be a bit more mismatched. Both my husband and I like things neat and orderly, we're just not very good at doing it ourselves and both get aggreviated at the other for the mess -- but truth is, we both create it (with a little help from our offspring!).:p

I think we need a wife -- or maybe just a maid/accountant/secretary/laundress!:D

Scattered

stori813
09-08-05, 05:53 PM
I voted the Queen of organization living with the King of neat.
There is nothing anal or OCD about it.
I grew up in a neat organized home I'm use to that.
Also I function way better.
He grew up in a disorganized messy home.
So he appreciates the house neat and helps to keep it that way.
Or maybe he just prefers to avoid the crazy woman's meltdowns he lives with.
If something isn't where its supposed to be. LOL

meadd823
09-11-05, 02:28 PM
There is nothing anal or OCD about it

The "lables" for the pole were supposed to be fun I did try to avoid "typical" lables in the pole options.

My posting using these terms was NOT meant to be offensive in any way..besides many people who are very tidy refer to themselves using the terms "anal" or "OCD".....I adopted these terms from other post. People who are disorganized ofen refer to themselves as messies, creatures of clutter ect.....

This thread was started as exchange about our house keeping life and how we realte to others in our home. Some ADD people are disorganazed while othres are extremely orderly. Some ADDers are attracted to non-ADDers while others live with other ADDers. I was cerious about house keeping styles as this is the household tips section. I meant this to be fun no accusations intended!!!! ;)

stori813
09-12-05, 04:20 AM
meadd823 I wasn't offended I understood your meaning in the poll.
I was just speaking for myself. About my own style of housekeeping.

FlyGurl
09-19-05, 03:42 PM
I'm an over the top OCD when it comes to my bedroom being perfect. I'll wake up at 3am cause I have to clean it before my alarm goes off in the morning. I can't sleep well with it messy, I also hang all of my clothes with the same colors and if they have sleeves or just a T-shirt..they have their own section.

I'm a very clean person and will come home from work then go straight to the kitchen and clean it or the bathromo and clean it then take a rest. I have to have peace and order in my house or else I feel like my world is caving in. I like to make sure all the books, DVDS and CDs are all in order and sometimes when I'm feeling under pressure or just way to OCD happy :) I'll put each DVD with the same actor and or Make ... (like all the Disney movies together with all the princess ones in a group) I'll also do this with my books and my daughters books.

Boyfriend is the same with his room....just like ten times "worse!" :) And his car is amazing...for someone that has ADHD I'm so impressed...I want my car to be cleaned out on the inside I just can't seem to keep it that way..I'm trying though....cause he said he'd (as he put it) OCD out my car once I got it cleaned out and washed. :) hehe

meadd823
09-24-05, 05:19 AM
I'll wake up at 3am cause I have to clean it before my alarm goes off in the morning. I can't sleep well with it messy,

Man I am lucky if I am in bed by 3:00am!!!!

I like thing neat enough to be out of the way....I hate things on the floor I have to step over (large dog exception though..I love her) If things are cluttered I feel as if I can't move!!!!!! Gary has his clutter areas that are his...he doesn't call it clutter he thinks he is organizing!!!!! Okay Gary has his own areas where he can define organization!!!

It fustrates me to no end if I can not find some thing...I want to be able to reach in and grab what ever I need in the dark or with my eyes closed. Gary files in piles..it take him an hour to retrieve a document...if I can't retrieve a document in less than ten minutes it is time to burn the system!!!!!!

Draga
09-24-05, 05:37 AM
LOL...when it comes to cleaning and taking my meds....I become MONK cause every peice of furniture(tables, desk, appliances.....etc) is moved across the room until every speck of dirt is in the trash can (major detail cleaning) and organizing too..everything put in a certain place nice and neat

where otherwise it's a spot sweep IF I FEEL LIKE DOING IT AT ALL and a put it anywhere attitude.....Dr. Jekyl and Ms Hyde :D

meadd823
09-24-05, 04:07 PM
dirt is in the trash can (major detail cleaning) and organizing too..everything put in a certain place nice and neat

Detail cleaning man for me it is out of sight out of mind.....the dust bunnies behind my couches, frig and washer are so large they could consume small animals!!!!!! I know that is tacky but I never look for areas to clean!!!!!! I guess having a bit of house hold hyper focus would be a good thing.