View Full Version : Assertive Discipline Plan

Johna
09-07-05, 09:36 PM
I have gone brain dead....does anyone have information on assertive disclipine plan? I can't remember the order of the colors.Also will assertive disclipine work for add/adhd students. Thanks

witsend
09-11-05, 01:00 AM
what is an assertive discipline plan? I have read the book ~~ Assertive discipline for parents~~~is it the same or no?

ADDitives
04-19-06, 06:23 AM
Canter and Canter are the theorists.

fuzzybrain
04-28-06, 09:48 AM
I have the book on assertive discipline by the Canters. It is an older copy, but I completely agree with how it works, it fits somewhere in between authoritarian teaching and whatever happens, happens teaching. What in particular did you want to know, if it works for add, I don't really know if anyone has tried it. It teaches routines and procedures to be set from the beginning, and perfecting those routines before any instruction takes place, I think it would be good to use with any special ed classroom-to show them in so many ways ie body language, role playing, and practice how to do it correctly, time and time again-and to use logical consequences for not doing what they know needs to happen-or for doing something defiantly-it is a good program/plan. Hope this helps in some small way. Lori