View Full Version : New to Forum

justhope
09-09-05, 09:18 AM
Hello to all! I am new here.
I live in Lakewood Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland. I am the mother of 3 boys. Ages 14, 8 & 7.
I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult, over 10 year ago.
I was on meds for a few years then stopped. I have restarted them recently. Adderall XR , 20 mg. It is working well. My oldest so, who is 14 was diagnosed @ age 5 , and is currently be moved up to 54mg of Concerta & Resperdal.
We are just waiting and watching my other 2.
My niece lives with me now, she is on the forum,
Hello Crybaby!
My sister also posts here, meadd823. So I thought since, I recently decided to get back on my meds I would come here to stay in touch with my fellow add-ers.

Andrew
09-09-05, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the ADD Forums, Justhope :)

timh
09-09-05, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on deciding to work on yourself (taking medication) again. :)

I work just down the street from Lakewood by 71. Actually, I live in Wellington.

I am surprised it took you as long as it did to post on the forums, since your sister is such a big contributor to the groups. :D

Read and post as much as you would like or can. There are a lot of very knowledgable people here.

Crybaby1898
09-09-05, 01:50 PM
Hey just hope its me your niece hello yeah baby my family is all here and i have new family. Man, I am so happy

meadd823
09-09-05, 02:18 PM
Hello sis welcome to the forums I think you will like it here.....

Andi
09-09-05, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the forums, Just. Always happy to see a fellow Ohioan...GO BUCKS!!! :D

But in all seriousness, I'm glad to see all three of you here :)

Draven
09-09-05, 03:11 PM
I think it is awesome that the three of you can come here and post together. Welcome justhope. My girlfriend asked for the web address last night so she could post and since I often right about our problems in here and how I really feel,,,, I would not give her the address. I think it is great that you all can be open enough to welcome eachother here.

adhdxyz
09-09-05, 08:38 PM
Justhope,

Welcome to the forums.

I would have to quickly get a hold of the Moderator if my family members wanted to check out the forum and get several of my posts deleting prior to giving them the website address.

Well, maybe not my side of the family because what I have posted about my side has been discussed with them in person. (Ie: "adhd sisters in denial", fun hyper talkative group at family functions, horrible in financial planning...) They all know they are like this. :)

But on my husbands side, oh boy, I'd be out of the will for sure. (Ie: My husband is one of 8 boys who all have add, self medicate, didn't do good in school, all rode the short yellow bus, and hung out with the wrong crowd, half of them are divorced and are lonely old men and there's no doubt in my mind why....plus his mom is still in denial that they have any issues.)

Nope, I wouldn't be giving them the website address any time soon.

Welcome to the forums.

justhope
09-10-05, 08:44 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes!!!!

The lucky thing about my family ...well at least the 3 of us here on the forum is we are pretty open with each other...Heck we all know us add-ers can't keep a secret, anyway..So there is really no use in talking about each other , without finally just saying..it to their face! So I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

I am not perfect...my sis isn't and well we all know about that crybaby girlie! haha..She's just a babe yet!
So I am not going to go looking for "family" topics to see if I'm in it. We are all comfortable with our relationships, I think we can handle it. After all we all came here as a part of recovery.
So all of you just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Hello to all my fellow Ohioian's...(did I spell that right..dang no spell check, Tammy, how the heck to you do it? )

I am so happy to find another good home to hang out and check out what's going on with everyone!
Hope I can find some help, and lend a hand to someone too!
Take care,

mctavish23
09-10-05, 11:42 AM
Hi and welcome to the Forum

auntchris
06-11-07, 11:54 PM
Hey Hope girl. I am glad to haveyou as my friend and like to finanally say welcome.

I am glad you are just down the street from me and we can get together. Take care of yourself and dont forget you come first in your recovery.