View Full Version : What is wrong with him???

Gil R
09-17-05, 01:46 PM
I have been talking to someone on the Internet for over a year now
and he as problems...He claims he has ADHD and he takes medicine
for it...Well, He lies a lot to me and i know he is because he is a terrible
lier. He says things like i have 1,000 of ______. He is a very nice person
and i enjoy talking to him, but sometimes it seems like he doesnt take
his meds (well, it never seems like he takes his meds). im starting to think
he has a lot more problems than he says hhe does...I have another friend
on the Net that talks to him as well. He agrees that he has problems and
thinks he lies a lot. He says he did not take his Zyprexia last night, from what
i heard is used to treat schitzophrenia. Ho do i know if he has Schitzophrenia.
I hate to see him do these things an i would really like to help him. He's 18,
BTW, if that makes any difference. He says he works for the CSX RailRoad in
Louisville, KY but he makes it seem so unrealistic. My other friend works for
the RR in PA and he says he thinks he is lying. Thanks!

speedo
09-17-05, 02:10 PM
Zyprexia is an atypical antipsychotic. It is given in small does to treat anxiety in autism and to treat bipolar. For schzophrenia it is given in larger doses, typically.

Me :D

Menoma Minx
09-17-05, 02:50 PM
Zyprexia is also used to treat depression in some patients. Now my mother, who has paranoid schizophrenia, took it in rather large doses. On this pill, she had one of her worst breaks from reality ever! The worst thing, was that it hit all at once with very little warning to the outside observer, whereas with other pills she's been on, it's been a lot easier to pick up on when she was falling over the edge and pull her back.

Granted, I don't know your friend personally, and I'm certainly not a psychiatrist; but I do have experience with someone who took this drug long-term. And from what you're describing with the delusions {lies}, your friend sounds schizophrenic.

Zyprexia seemed to have my mom speaking about her delusions a lot more openly than the other drug she's taken over the years. Remember, people with schizophrenia aren't actually crazy. The brain is malfunctioning and causing them to perceive reality differently then everyone else. Their seemingly abnormal reactions are perfectly normal compared to anyone else's if dealing with the same exact sensory perceptions. I had to take abnormal psychology classes to finally understand this, but it helps me in trying to be patient with my mom at her worst. Most of the time, you would never know there was anything wrong with her. She acts just like every other bingo going mom and is an all around wonderful person to be around . However, even at her best, she believes many things that would seem like deliberate "lying" if you didn't know her condition.

Your friend may indeed have ADD. However, my mother firmly believes she has a metal plate in her head from some accident or other she suffered when she was younger. My mother sees a lot of doctors for physical ailments and brain scans for these other ailments have showed no such plate. You may see where I'm going with this..........

If he's your friend, then he's your friend -- and knowing he's mentally ill just give you more tools to be a better friend to him. If this is just a casual online only relationship with somebody you talk to once in a while, you may want to end the relationship for the sake of your own sanity. Being around someone you can't trust can literally drive you crazy -- unless you have a lot invested in this friendship, it's not worth it.

Gil R
09-17-05, 03:12 PM
Wow! Thank you so much for your help!!!