View Full Version : Find Local ADD Groups in Canada

Tara
09-12-03, 06:48 PM
Here's a site that helps people meet up with others with ADD.

Adullt AD/HD
http://adultadd.meetup.com

General AD/HD
http://add.meetup.com

ADDvocacy
10-01-04, 08:17 PM
If anyone's interested there will be an ADD meetup in Burlington (at Williams Coffee Pub on Brant St. (in the Sobey's plaza) just north of the QEW this Wednesday (October 6th).

Let me know if you'd like to attend as I am the host!

Hope to see you there!!!!

QueensU_girl
11-17-05, 04:47 PM
I am looking for people in _Kingston, ON_, or _Toronto, ON_.

-Emma

solei11
11-25-05, 08:22 PM
I would be interested in meeting people from Ottawa to Montreal.

Solei11

GlenW
07-10-06, 12:53 PM
Anyone in the southern area of Alberta interested in meeting? I live between medicine hat and lethbridge and there's no good meetings nearby (CHADD has them sporadically and the small areas get left out). I'm wanting to start or join in local meetings monthly/bimonthly whatever works.

Contact me if interested please.

sweetpeas615
07-19-06, 03:56 AM
:) Hi there,

I'm in downtown Calgary and since January have been co-facilitating an ADD Anonymous weekly group mtg (currently on Thursday nights).

If convenient, you are welcome to join us.

In addition, there is another monthly mtg in downtown Calgary, ADDults Calgary, facilitated by Stephanie; the mtg is held from 7:15-9:15pm on the LAST Wednesday night of each month (excluding July this year I believe).

Mtg locn: Parish Hall, corner of 6th Avenue & 1st Street S.E. Calgary

Cheers!

sweetpeas615
06-13-07, 02:02 PM
Wishing to update so this is current info: Stephanie has stepped down from the role of facilitator and Adrian has stepped up; we still meet at the PARISH HALL, on the corner of 6th Ave & 1st Street SE from 7:15-9:15pm on the last Wednesday night of each month; with a break over the summer i.e. no mtgs in July & August. Cheerio for now and I hope everyone is having a good summer, despite our obvious challenges.

:) Hi there,

I'm in downtown Calgary and since January have been co-facilitating an ADD Anonymous weekly group mtg (currently on Thursday nights).

If convenient, you are welcome to join us.

In addition, there is another monthly mtg in downtown Calgary, ADDults Calgary, facilitated by Stephanie; the mtg is held from 7:15-9:15pm on the LAST Wednesday night of each month (excluding July this year I believe).

Mtg locn: Parish Hall, corner of 6th Avenue & 1st Street S.E. Calgary

Cheers!

ADDsinceIwas3
06-13-07, 11:19 PM
I am looking for people in _Kingston, ON_, or _Toronto, ON_.

-EmmaI would not mind as I am in Burlington. My Doctor is trying to find someone with a Dr. in front of there name for me to talk to but she is not having any luck. If there is a local group or even one or two people to meet at a Indago or Chapters for coffee or tea that would be cool.

I am 36 and finaly went to the doctor last week as I had to get my life in control. I want to get into a routine and stick with it. I want to make positive habits to train myself to become a better person in regards to productivity, eliminating procastination, starting what I finish and getting organized.

I was prescribed Ritalin (spelling?) and it sat in my desk for a week until my doctor called to say that my blood and ecg tests came back ok to take them. So I finaly took 20 mg today at nine and I am not sure if it was a placebo effect but I wanted to hit work hard. It was like all the displaced energy I usualy had was focused on one goal. I am going to try and chart my progress and see what I get accomplished and how little time I get distracted. I want to be able to leave the office and think I had a great day and did my best. The net is sooo evil to a person with ADD. One click and you are into distraction land. That was the first thing on my list to control at work. Only get on the net for work!

As you can see its late and my mind wanders... so back to the main point. If there are people in the GTA that want to meet for coffee at Indigo or Chapters, PM me or post it here. :)

Regards,
Jeremy

Luthien
12-02-07, 05:35 AM
I'm trying to set up an adult ADD peer support group in Victoria, BC .. anyone else interested?

patboul
03-16-08, 07:25 PM
Thanks to Mary for telling to put this info here.

I found this while searching for support in my area. They have many smaller local unit. For the province of Quebec, in french:

http://www.associationpanda.qc.ca/

QueensU_girl
03-24-08, 12:15 PM
"Meetup.com" Adult ADD meeting tonight

Time: 6:30 pm

Who it is for:
- For Adults diagnosed and being diagnosed (not family/friends)
- Adults who can respect the privacy of others in/out of mtgs

What it is not:
- Not meant to replace therapy or meds
- Not appropriate for people selling ADD services (e.g. coaching, alternative Txs, etc)
-Not a social networking group

Click on URL below for details:

http://adultadd.meetup.com/297/about/

http://adultadd.meetup.com/297/

huntley
08-17-10, 08:14 PM
Super huge thanks.

ConcertaParent
01-26-12, 09:29 PM
Has anybody been to ADHD Parent Power in Burlington, Ontario? I read the following in the 2012 Halton Parenting Directory:
"If your child of any age has ADHD come share successes and stresses and learn from one another in order to manage everyday challenges. Guest speakers from many fields are occasionally invited. Meet the 2nd Monday of each month excluding June-August. For more information or to register, please email adhdparentpower@gmail.com"

LittleFrog
02-25-12, 12:19 AM
I would love to find a support group in Winnipeg, MB. I've been searching but have not been able to find anything yet.