View Full Version : Big mistake at work! Where to find a doctor in Columbus, OH?!

coby23
09-24-05, 12:34 PM
Hello all... this is only my second time posting in the forum. I went to my general physician, and he gave me names of different places in the Columbus, OH area to get tested for adult ADD. Unfortunately, no one takes my insurance! Staying true to my self, I've procrastinated and procrastinated calling around to other places to see if they accept my insurance. Now, I really think I've screwed up at work, and I need to get in somewhere to be evaluated asap! We hired a group of new people, and I am responsible for making sure they get all of their paperwork filled out and things of that nature. I am scheduled to be there at 9 o'clock on Monday. Instead, on Thursday, I scheduled an interview with a company closer to my house at 8 o'clock on Monday; and then I am going to get my niece (I asked my boss for the day off, she granted me the day off; so she also forgot about my duties on Monday... but they're not her responsibility! I'm an independent worker.) At 4:45 Friday, I realized the mistake I had made. There is another person who can do this in my place, but she's my boss... and she already has a desk full of things to do. I make mistakes like this all the time. I write things down, but still... I double book myself. Does anyone know where in the Columbus area to start looking for a doctor? I tried looking on my insurance website, but all I get is a list of social workers. I need to figure out what's going on in my head before I get fired!!

Andrew
09-24-05, 12:45 PM
Moving this to the Ohio Regional Section of the forums.

Andi
09-24-05, 05:22 PM
Well, I will say that my pdoc is one of the best in the state. He is VERY thorough but I will admit that he is VERY expensive. He is not in my network but my insurance covers 70% of his fee and since it's my health we are talking about, I figured that I'm worth it.

I did find the following study by the Columbus Dispatch and 10 TV:

The Dispatch and WBNS-TV (Channel 10) asked more than 4,500 doctors -- every licensed physician in the seven-county metro area -- where they would turn if they or a family member needed medical treatment in any of 25 fields. Nearly 460 doctors participated in the mail survey, which concluded Feb. 11, 2004.

DR. MICHAEL A. CHAN

PSYCHIATRY

Words of wisdom: ''Be aware of problem areas and conflict areas and be willing to acknowledge those problems and get help.''

''Keep things in balance. Don't let one part of your life take over.''

Education: Medical school at Wayne State University, followed by internship and residency at the University of California at Los Angeles

Practice: Mount Carmel hospitals, where he chairs the department of psychiatry and is director of psychiatric services

Specialties: General psychiatry, inpatient work

Second Place: Dr. Douglas W. Beech and Dr. Colleen M. Opremcak (tie)

Third Place: Dr. Alan B. Levy

http://www.dispatch.com/reports-story.php?story=dispatch/2004/02/26/docs20040226.html

You can either do a referral search at any of the local hospitals or use the above four recommended doctors, but you need to keep in mind that this is going to take time. Any qualified physician will not give you an immediate dx, so if you're looking for a quick solution, I don't think you'll find it, but seeking treatment is a step in the right direction and is better than sitting back and watching your world continue to cave in on you.

Good luck to you :)