View Full Version : ritalin price drop

P_Stampy
09-28-05, 10:51 PM
just went to get my monthly supply of ritalin, and its come down $20!!

only $28 !! so excited!!

ozegirl
11-13-05, 06:42 AM
Where?

Ichpuchtli
11-14-05, 03:52 AM
Whoa! That is dirt cheap. Where'd ya get the stuff? What state are you in? I'm in QLD havnt checked the price latly but maybe it is as cheap here.

P_Stampy
12-21-05, 11:24 PM
Capital Chemist.

Im in the ACT, but when I lived in QLD it was the same....

It just got put on the PBS before

Planner
12-21-05, 11:51 PM
Are there Austrailian pharmacies that export to the US with a prescription? That's incredible.

P_Stampy
12-23-05, 06:23 PM
Duno dude, can't say Ive heard of it, but I'm sure if there was something like that they wouln't be exporting ritalin - since we get it from the US anyway??

UnleashTheHound
12-23-05, 08:41 PM
Duno dude, can't say Ive heard of it, but I'm sure if there was something like that they wouln't be exporting ritalin - since we get it from the US anyway??
Australia probably has price controls on drugs. The US ends up paying more for drugs, effectively subsidizing the prices in other countries. So this kind of "drug reimportation" is controversial.

saskman
12-24-05, 02:27 AM
Australia probably has price controls on drugs. The US ends up paying more for drugs, effectively subsidizing the prices in other countries. So this kind of "drug reimportation" is controversial.
Ritalin has been off patent since the 60's. It's dirt cheap to produce. If you want to talk controls, talk about the U.S.A preventing foreign pharmaceutical manufacturers from supplying the American market, thereby allowing U.S. producers to charge what they please. That's a subsidy.

P_Stampy
12-26-05, 12:24 AM
ah ok well..... I didnt know that.. I just buy & take the stuff.. I dont know anthing abotu subsidies or whatever...

Im.. just a girl...

ozegirl
12-27-05, 08:01 PM
It's only the short-acting Ritalin that has come down in price - the Ritalin LA is still the same - in NSW

saskman
12-28-05, 01:23 AM
One reason we see so many"new" variations of methlyphendiate is that the drug company that comes up with the "new" product will have patent protection. This means they have exclusive rights to sell the product without competition for a set number of years. This is why new medications are far more expensive than those that have been around for years. If you're the skeptical type you can add Ritalin BS, to LA, SR etc.

P_Stampy
01-01-06, 07:43 PM
It's only the short-acting Ritalin that has come down in price - the Ritalin LA is still the same - in NSW
That **** sucks for me anyway ... so i dont care.

its not handy - you cannot put a few away in ure wallet... if you forget to take it in the morning, ure just ****ed up all day.