View Full Version : Talking out loud

Crazygirl79
09-29-05, 08:31 PM
Hi People

I have this most annoying habit/compulsion and have since childhood.

When intensely thinking I blurt it out and people can actually hear what I'm thinking and I sometimes talk to myself as if having a conversation with someone but there's no one there except the person in my head.

Also probably due to bipolar I talk to myself as if I'm in an imaginary social situation and I become verbally agressive to the people in my head.

Can someone PLEASE HELP ME with this and please don't think I'm nuts....I really really want to stop this

mctavish23
09-29-05, 11:21 PM
I talk out loud all the time, and 99.9% it's usually swearing....humorously of course:)

irish guy
09-30-05, 08:59 AM
People often ask me.."What did you just say"?
My reply "Nothing I was just thinking"!
Person..."No you asked me a question".
Me..."No, I thought about asking you a question".
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
Some form of that conversations happens to me daily.

Crazygirl79
10-04-05, 08:10 PM
I can get into full scale conversations and I can actually sometimes believe that someone's beside me when they're not

Dixie_Amazon
10-05-05, 06:49 AM
Crazygirl79 I do it and so do all three of my sons. My eldest is the worst, he will make sassy comments about things I ask him to do and swear he didn't say anything when I call him on it. I think he also has vocal tic disorder. He makes sounds in his throat, even in his sleep.

Draven
10-05-05, 07:26 AM
You ever see those people walking down the street or sitting on bus who fight with people that are not there and even you say something to them they go right back to it as soon as your done? Everytime you see them, there they are argueing with themselves never stopping. I sware all the time that will be me some day. As time goes by I find myself getting caught more often doing it. Whats funny is when my kids catch me lol. There response is ,,,,,, Mommmmmyyyy,,, who are you talking to?

So don't feel alone and I don't think anyone will think your crazy,,,, I think everyone does it, just some hide it better.

Crazygirl79
10-09-05, 08:08 PM
THATS ME ALL OVER!!!!!!!....YES MY FRIEND I CAN RELATE TO THIS AND THANK GOD I'M NOT JUST CRAZY AND THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE THIS OUT THERE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!You ever see those people walking down the street or sitting on bus who fight with people that are not there and even you say something to them they go right back to it as soon as your done? Everytime you see them, there they are argueing with themselves never stopping. I sware all the time that will be me some day. As time goes by I find myself getting caught more often doing it. Whats funny is when my kids catch me lol. There response is ,,,,,, Mommmmmyyyy,,, who are you talking to?

So don't feel alone and I don't think anyone will think your crazy,,,, I think everyone does it, just some hide it better.

Crazygirl79
10-09-05, 08:13 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone on this....I also have vocal tic disorder which makes it even harder not to mention mental tics (mental tics are when you have say for example a funny thought go through your mind at a time when it's inappropriate and you nearly respond with a facial expression or laughter etc etc) mental tics are tics the sufferer has but others can't see.

I've been having imaginary and role playing conversations for as long as I can remember, I also make vocal noises on a regular basis such as humming musical tunes etc etc etc

Crazygirl79 I do it and so do all three of my sons. My eldest is the worst, he will make sassy comments about things I ask him to do and swear he didn't say anything when I call him on it. I think he also has vocal tic disorder. He makes sounds in his throat, even in his sleep.

speedo
10-10-05, 11:06 AM
I talk to myself a lot. My mother used to tell me that I would never be at a want for good conversation.

In the last few months I have been told that I often mouth the words before I actuallyt speak them. Is this echolaia ? Or am I somehow using memory a little differently to form sentences without being so scattered (an adaptation to adhd)??

Me :D

momo
10-11-05, 02:43 AM
Hi People

When intensely thinking I blurt it out and people can actually hear what I'm thinking and I sometimes talk to myself as if having a conversation with someone but there's no one there except the person in my head.

Also probably due to bipolar I talk to myself as if I'm in an imaginary social situation and I become verbally agressive to the people in my head.

Can someone PLEASE HELP ME with this and please don't think I'm nuts....I really really want to stop this

I imagine social situations too but them and my reactions are all in my head. I dont say anything. Then I try to think of something else, something I would maybe want the person to hear, and then i clear my head and just remember to be myself and dont live in the past but Im having trouible remembering who i am anymore sometimes. I htink my mind just automatically converts to depression mode making my thoughts follow it and im trying to be conscious of this, and do this pretty good in crowds but in the end i like to keep to myself and im quiet then and at the end of the day im mostly lonely if i dont have someone. I just need someone to relate. Can anyone be Clementine from Eternal Sunshine?

momo
10-12-05, 12:21 AM
I nver had imaginary friends as a kid. Now I do in certain situations but they're invisivle and destract me from real friends. What should we name these friends? I mean I guess they're not going away. I think we might not know or like who we are which is keeping us silent from conversations and that's why we bug out to these "figments of imagination?" Keeping our brains busy thinking instead of talking?"

Crazygirl79
10-16-05, 07:40 PM
Echolalia is when someone says something and you repeat the same sentence in parrot like fashion....it's usually a symptom of Tourette's/Tic's, Autism and sometimes Brain Injury....what you might be doing is something called Palilalia which is a symptom of Tics and Tourettes but not usually one of Autism and that is when YOU say something and say that same word again.

You might have a vocal tic disorder speedo???

I talk to myself a lot. My mother used to tell me that I would never be at a want for good conversation.

In the last few months I have been told that I often mouth the words before I actuallyt speak them. Is this echolaia ? Or am I somehow using memory a little differently to form sentences without being so scattered (an adaptation to adhd)??

Me :D

flmomof3
02-23-06, 11:51 AM
I can relate, my daughter asked the other day.."mom, do you ever find yourself whispering to yourself something youre about to say to others?" I responded yes, she said good, I'm not the only one!!

Scattered
02-23-06, 12:11 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone on this....I also have vocal tic disorder which makes it even harder not to mention mental tics (mental tics are when you have say for example a funny thought go through your mind at a time when it's inappropriate and you nearly respond with a facial expression or laughter etc etc) mental tics are tics the sufferer has but others can't see.I do the grinning or laughing outloud frequently when I'm into a daydream. I also talk outloud to myself. Sometimes it practical stuff like reminding myself to do something, or walking myself through the steps of something. Sometimes it's just my mental conversation/daydream escaping the bound of my head. Russell Barkley explains in his book Taking Charge of ADHD that he believes and research indicates that ADDers are developmentally behind in their internal self directed speech. One reason we tend to talk so much is most of our conversation is aloud when other people are doing more of that quietly in their own heads. So talking aloud by itself isn't that unusual (at least not for an ADDer:p ).

I've been having imaginary and role playing conversations for as long as I can remember, I also make vocal noises on a regular basis such as humming musical tunes etc etc etcBoth my daughter and I do this.

Scattered

Scattered
02-23-06, 12:13 PM
Hi Momo!:)

Welcome to the forums!

acceptance
04-23-07, 03:46 AM
:D Hi People

Can someone PLEASE HELP ME with this and please don't think I'm nuts....I really really want to stop thisbelieve me ..you're not alone out there,take a deep breathe and say to yourself,HEY I'M OK FOR WHAT I AM and add this to your ownself esteem list,you prob have already,but,I say, IF NOONE CAN DEAL WITH THE PERSON I AM WELL TOO BAD I'M DO'IN JUST FINE HERE!I('ve had 2 glasses of wine)(and hey it makes sense ,...dont ya think?)I talk to myself also:)

acceptance
04-23-07, 03:56 AM
Hi People

Can someone PLEASE HELP ME with this and please don't think I'm nuts....I really really want to stop thisTics ,eyewide,splattering .,hey its all normal here,just scarey out there ,4 me anyway,..my other half still doesn't "latch on to the tic i have"...resolution,well thats a hard one,only thing i can put here is ...only to be you...ok..you'll be fine ,I've a son witha.d.h.d. like me with bipolar as well,hey we feel "normal"and laugh at the worst of times,and do you know,its a damn good thing to laugh,let it happen,try the tears of laghter..also i reccomend,but please not the depressed..hope you r doin ok and tampering with a smile here and there.

acceptance
04-24-07, 06:04 AM
Hi,just noticed you live in brissy,..turned country myself,though my son is in brissy.The crowds there is a shocker,how do you cope?My eldest,says that as long as he goes to his own space thats the worth.He's also adhd.theres aliens allover like us:)

Johnnny
05-20-07, 12:04 PM
i thught talking out aloud was an ADD trait, but anywasy i do it sometimes, but my younge brother talks and answers himself :eek:

Crazygirl79
05-22-07, 10:44 PM
I answer myself too Johnnny...lol

confused199
09-14-07, 03:54 PM
People often ask me.."What did you just say"?
My reply "Nothing I was just thinking"!
Person..."No you asked me a question".
Me..."No, I thought about asking you a question".
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
Some form of that conversations happens to me daily.

I am 24, and I thought I was normal. The same thing happens to me a lot, except I don't say I was thinking anything- I just say that I didn't say anything, and become confused.
Sometimes I will think something in my head, and people will all of a sudden just look or stare or laugh at me as if they've heard it! I don't hear myself say anything though. It's almost as if I have tourettes that I don't know about or something - Is that even possible? My mom hasn't ever said anything to me about anything like that, and we're very close. My fiance' has never said anything either and we've been together for years. Am I crazy, or do I have a hearing problem? :confused:

noel1228
05-06-10, 10:53 PM
i am soooo glad i'm not the only one. I thought something was wrong with me having imaginary conversations outloud.

but there is something else... I have imaginary friends. I'm 19. i know they aren't real. i just talk to them all the time. it's not like i can see them or anything. it's just in my head. but it can get kinda violent sometimes..

I worry... :(

EshkaronsEngine
05-06-10, 11:06 PM
Yeah, if this doesn't clear up you could put out your shingle and become a medium.:D