View Full Version : smelly things

speedo
10-02-05, 08:43 PM
Yesterday I discovered a new scent that I found to be overpowering and disgusting.

dry dog food.

I was in a K-Mart yesterday and I went through the aisle which had many bags of dry dogfood stacked up on both sides. About the time I got halfway down the aisle the stench of it hit me like a ton of bricks and I started to gag. Nasty, nasty stuff....

So what smelly things bug you the most ?

Me :D

crime_scene
10-02-05, 08:51 PM
fresh cat turds. (can I say turds?)

boiled kidneys (eg if my Dad is making steak and kidney pie)

camping toilets

chinatown fish market

speedo
10-02-05, 08:59 PM
eww. those would be very smelly.

Gourmet
10-02-05, 09:32 PM
Yes, dog food makes me nauseous...although I rather like puppy breath.

Tv and microwave dinners send me reeling.

Must and mildew, sour dish rags, retirement homes top the list.

Jaycee
10-02-05, 09:39 PM
I'm gaging at the thought...kidney pie..yuk

Canned cat and dog food is right there at the top for me as well as tinned beef soups.

NotBob1
10-02-05, 11:34 PM
Toothpaste on someone else's breath, gum scent on someone else, perfumes, most artifical smells that are meant to cover up a normal odor. I would rather smell the normal odor.

speedo
10-02-05, 11:36 PM
How about leftover food when someone else is eating them ?

I personally LOVE eating cold spagetti, but hate the smell of it when someone else is eating it.

I am not sure why.

ME :D

Nova
10-03-05, 12:59 AM
Really, flowery, heavy scented perfume that some girl bathes in before leaving her house..and reapplies often in the ladies room upon her arrival 'anywhere'.
Of course the cat turd one does it too.
Nova

stori813
10-03-05, 02:09 AM
Yes Nova! As I was reading everyones post.
Perfume was going to be the first on my list.
Why do some people wearing perfume leave a vapor trail behind?
I have a very strong sense of smell.
Certain scents of candles, soaps, or even detergents bother me.
Some food smells, household cleaners, peoples breath, wet grass.
My list could go on and on so I'll stop here you get the picture. lol

Gourmet
10-03-05, 02:30 AM
"Why do some people wearing perfume leave a vapor trail behind?
I have a very strong sense of smell."~stori813

Funerals and weddings...all those ladies....all that Georgio and Diamonds and Avon.
I'm getting headachy as I write.

I have some good smells too that are very arousing to the senses......salty air at the beach gets me heady. Digging in the dirt... just before a rain.

Nova
10-03-05, 02:43 AM
Yes Nova! As I was reading everyones post.
Perfume was going to be the first on my list.
Why do some people wearing perfume leave a vapor trail behind?

Because THEY, obviously, don't have a sense of smell...or any sense, actually...
They must call it 'per-FUME' for a reason...cuz some of it makes me fume over the fumes...:D
Nova

crazymama05
10-03-05, 02:55 PM
They dont realize that after 5 minutes they can no longer smell their perfume any more so they "bath" in it so they can smell it all day. Its like those plug-in air fresheners, after a time you cant smell it any longer, but if you leave the room and return, you can smell it again. Or if someone else comes into the room, they can smell it.

I dont mind the smell of skunks. (Actually prefer it to perfumes.)

Hate the smell of hospitals and schools. Makes me weak in the knees.

Dixie_Amazon
10-03-05, 06:15 PM
The laundry soap aisle at the grocery. Fabric stores.

crime_scene
10-03-05, 07:04 PM
Hospitals are rough they smell odd and so do dentist offices...smell like ground tooth and amalgam??

Anyway the perfume thing is interesting. Chantilly perfume gives me a headache in very short order so I try to avoid it.

pepperoni
10-04-05, 10:57 AM
I just happened by this thread and I thought it might shed some light on something I noticed last week. I'm on 120 mg of Strattera a day, and lately I seem to smell people, even at greater than arm's length away. Not everyone, but I notice some. Maybe it's just work related stress running rampant in here...

speedo
10-04-05, 06:09 PM
yes, some musk based scents just hammer me hard. I don't like them.

brandilyn
10-06-05, 01:49 AM
That just walked outside smell.....

Ya know what Im talking about?
Cigarete breath.DESCUSTING!!!!!
Im finding that odors are bothersom to me now,more than before.

Dixie_Amazon
10-06-05, 05:54 AM
Dogs that have be playing outside on a hot day.

Ian
10-06-05, 11:25 AM
I'm so sensitive to smell. Dogs and horses always smell good to me if they are dry, warm and relaxed. I crave the dog smell. A horse on a hot day is good for me too. :D I like to say the dogs smell is like burned toenails and my girls all get grossed out.

I"m really not happy with bad rotting and such. A stale vacuum or any number of others really can't exist in the same space with me.

speedo
10-06-05, 07:45 PM
A wet dog is really a nasty smell to me. I don't care for the scent of horses. I just don't like their scent at all. I do like horses though, so I tolerate it.

I'm so sensitive to smell. Dogs and horses always smell good to me if they are dry, warm and relaxed. I crave the dog smell. A horse on a hot day is good for me too. :D I like to say the dogs smell is like burned toenails and my girls all get grossed out.

I"m really not happy with bad rotting and such. A stale vacuum or any number of others really can't exist in the same space with me.

brandilyn
10-07-05, 02:09 AM
I hate the way my sons hair smells when he gets out of the shower claiming to washed it!I have to take him back in and scrub it!
It smells like moldy towels.

Crazygirl79
10-09-05, 08:22 PM
My sense of smell is under-reactive so it's hard to actually smell things unless I'm right on top of whatever it is.

The worst smells ever are

1: Toilets
2: Baby vomit.....YUCK
3: Body odour
4: China Town markets

I can go on and on but I wont:D

muffin47
10-25-05, 07:56 PM
I hate the smell of fish, lobster, shrimp, etc.