View Full Version : A Short Story for Everyone

ferrette1976
09-18-03, 05:06 PM
Have any of you ever done one of those e-mails where one person starts a story, then you pass it along and people add to it? I thought that would be a fun thing to do - especially with so many creative people hanging around.

I'll start:

It was a dark and stormy night. :D

I remember feeling ridiculous. My umbrella was still at home sitting on the kitchen table.

Everyone I knew was unable to give me a ride - or even lend me an umbrella. So there I was walking home in the pouring rain. It wasn't long before I came upon a dark, gooey substance in the road.

joanrdtobe
09-18-03, 05:16 PM
What was it, I wondered? Whatever it was, I did NOT want to step in it....I was wearing the brand new shoes I had just bought yesterday.....:(

YET..............there was something strangely intriguing about this gooey substance......

SubtleMuttle
12-19-03, 07:32 PM
It looked shiney and sticky- but perhaps that was only from the rain. Being drenched, I was no different. But the mystery remained; what is it? And curiously, it seemed to pulsate with a life of it's own. I told myself that I was nuts! I needed to get home, get dry. It's only moving from being battered by drops of rain. I bent closer to look...

citruscat2002
01-19-04, 03:21 PM
That's when I noticed a slight phosphoresence, a pale glamour of blue that seemed to gather energy as I drew closer.......

biker
01-19-04, 03:29 PM
I started to look into it. I tried to turn away, but I could not. As I looked into the blue I saw myself soaked to the bone staring into a blue light on the street. It was like I was watching myself on TV. As I stared harder into the blue I began to see.....

jimmmaaa
01-19-04, 03:59 PM
my whole life passing me by, as in a movie. I said to myself, "What am I doing with all that I have been given, I seem to be wasting my life." So I got in my car and drove accross the city to the old neighborhood where I grew up and decided too....

joanrdtobe
01-19-04, 05:03 PM
visit my old elementary school.....For a while I checked out the playground, swung on the old swings, etc.

Then I went inside my old school....through the front door and there in front me was....

jimmmaaa
01-19-04, 05:11 PM
old Mrs. Higginbottom, my 5th grade teacher. She sent me to the principals office so many times. She must have thought I was...

dbr
02-08-04, 12:52 AM
still as inscrutable as ever, ever searching to learn about what's inside me, and who I am, and not really concerned at the moment about diagramming sentences or marching to the current cadence. But she could never feel the derealization--the kaleidoscopic opacity of anxiety that I would fall into--never knowing ahead of time when it would hit me,and never knowing...

jimmmaaa
02-08-04, 01:05 AM
that I had grown as a person since I was an antsy 5th grader who seemed more interested in day dreaming as I gazed out the window during math. Wiggling and tapping, wiggling and tapping, I must have drove her crazy some days. As I stood there for what seemed an hour waiting for her to answer my question, "How are you Mrs. Higginbottom?" I saw nothing but compassion in her eyes, eyes that looked out of her aged face. She stated to speak and I strained to her soft voice as she said.....