View Full Version : Virus Alert: W32.Swen.A@mm

Andrew
09-21-03, 04:56 PM
What is W32.Swen.A@mm and how does it affect me?

W32.Swen.A@mm is a mass-mailing worm that uses its own SMTP engine to spread itself. It attempts to spread through file-sharing networks, such as KaZaA and IRC, and attempts to de-activate antivirus and personal firewall programs running on a computer.

The worm can arrive as an email attachment. The subject, body, and From: address of the email may vary. Some examples claim to be patches for Microsoft Internet Explorer, or delivery failure notices from qmail.

To read more about the W32.Swen.A@mm, please click here http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.html

Source: Symantec

Garry
09-21-03, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the info Andrew

these things are a pain in the patuot

Andrew
09-21-03, 08:23 PM
I've received 4 already, all blocked by anti virus software.

Warnings such as this one should not be taken lightly.

sleepzalot
09-21-03, 08:33 PM
I got two last night, and the warnings should definately be heeded. These virus's can be nasty!

sleepz

Wheel1975
09-21-03, 09:29 PM
I'm glad my Mac can't get these. My PC's are getting really burdened by the Antivirus stuff.

Tara
09-21-03, 10:11 PM
I was sent it too. My AV software picked it up as Worm.Automat.AHB

Tara
09-21-03, 10:38 PM
Wow, I just checked one of my webased accounts and this thing has been sent to it 10 times with in the last few hours. I can tell it a virus because the file is size of the messages are between 145 and 158 kb.

When I opened the message a window popped up right way asking if i want to download. I said no of course. Usually with the other worms and virus there is just a link to download the attchment. This is a bad one...