View Full Version : I'm at my ropes end.

Captain Da Da
10-22-05, 12:48 PM
I am living in a homless shelter and was working at fast food. I had only been working there for a few days when they really started laying into me on being slow (one boss was the first day). I was so angry that I knew I was going to hurt someone yesterday, so I never went into work. I need to work 40 hours to live at the shelter and I have tried getting a job, but have no answers yet. I cannot make the shelter believe I am employed forever.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Am I wrong in the head? Am I a bad person? Or am I just doing the best I can?

pith30
10-22-05, 03:05 PM
Where do you live? Some cities make getting on you feet easier. San Francisco for example provides free health care, money each month without having to deal with unemployment, and with those bases covered there are many people looking for roomates and the money from the city pays half the rent so then you could try working part time at a shop and not be as stressed. You would have meds and therapy and with a little effort find a place. Just a sugestion but more liberal cities have options for those of us without insurance or in some cases a place to live.

Captain Da Da
10-23-05, 03:27 PM
Where do you live? Some cities make getting on you feet easier. San Francisco for example provides free health care, money each month without having to deal with unemployment, and with those bases covered there are many people looking for roomates and the money from the city pays half the rent so then you could try working part time at a shop and not be as stressed. You would have meds and therapy and with a little effort find a place. Just a sugestion but more liberal cities have options for those of us without insurance or in some cases a place to live.I just came from "The Bay".:(

I was homeless there for a month. Now I'm in Norman, Oklahoma and that's where this happened. I was highly manic and didn't know what to do. Now I'm a on the depressed end, but surviving.

pith30
10-24-05, 06:01 PM
I will be back in San Francisco soon and would be happy to show you where all the resorces that have helped me are at. I didnt know and somone showed me and it made all the difference in the world.
Hang in there
Pith