View Full Version : Anyone been to the Hallowell Center?

Chicky75
10-26-05, 06:20 PM
Hi all,

I haven't been around in a few months since things have been crazy at work and it's been hard enough to find time to research new doctors. Still haven't found one that I can afford & like, so I was thinking about trying the Hallowell center, since I know they at least have experience with adults with ADD. But I was hoping to get some impressions of them first... Has anyone been there? Does anyone know if they take insurance?

Thanks!
Erica

fasttalkingmom
10-28-05, 12:57 PM
Hi all,

I haven't been around in a few months since things have been crazy at work and it's been hard enough to find time to research new doctors. Still haven't found one that I can afford & like, so I was thinking about trying the Hallowell center, since I know they at least have experience with adults with ADD. But I was hoping to get some impressions of them first... Has anyone been there? Does anyone know if they take insurance?

Thanks!
Erica

No I haven't.....

I also live on the North Shore, only a little bit ago did I learn it wasn't far from me.

I'll bet I passed it a bunch of times

ClarityWhere
08-24-06, 12:34 PM
They have a support group in Sudbury, I think once a month or so, which in my opinion would be a great way to check it out. I went once when I was in town on business. Lucked out b/c as I arrived (late b/c I found out about it right when it was starting and was 1/2-hour away), the group had just split and I walked into the room with fewer people. During the introductions, I realized that the small group was for non-ADD partners - oops! They didn't quarter and grill me or anything.

If you go directly for indiv. therapy, it's still important to get the right match - they seem to have a span of varied therapists. The facilitator of the group in which I landed was on staff there. He was great. Then when we joined up with the bigger group, the facilitator for that one couldn't shut up and seemed very problem-oriented. If I'd gone there for therapy and gotten her as a therapist, I'd have bolted. (She's not a therapist there though, does something else, so no worries.)

Just checked the site - it says the group meets the first and third Wednesdays from
6:30-8:00 PM. The female facilitator listed now got introduced that night - she did internships there during her studies and then was invited to join the practice. Didn't get an impression really - the other woman was talking too much! :)