View Full Version : Therapist with ADD YAY!!!

bowlerkid
10-26-05, 10:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to throw this out there to ya'll.
I am going to a therapist who has ADD and trust me it's FUN!!!

He's my third therapist and unfortunately soon enough I'll run out of sessions at my university with him, but I just wanted to tell ya'll that it is sooo much fun with him and that we get along really well. We'll talk about my decisions and then I'll observe the swinging patterns in decisions making and then he'll say "you know what problems we face while making decisions...." hahah....

Oh, and it's just great to meet a therapist who is a ADD person and is doing a profession that you want to do, it shows me atleast that people with ADD can do what they want to. :-)

Also, wanted to say this, sometimes between two people (referring to therapist and client here) there isn't a match and it isn't any one person's fault or the fault of both the people, it's just that things don't work out between people sometimes and it's best to part ways the earlier the better:-)
This was the case with my first therapist who was at the university and I never came out and said that it's uncomfortable and was in a stage of denial even when she asked me, but I am grateful to her because I really saw anxiety.....and knew that I had a bunch of it.

Scattered
10-28-05, 11:40 PM
Finding the right fit with a therapist is a good thing -- I'm happy for you. Pretty neat having a therapist that understands ADHD from the inside out too!

Scattered

bowlerkid
10-31-05, 10:21 PM
Finding the right fit with a therapist is a good thing -- I'm happy for you. Pretty neat having a therapist that understands ADHD from the inside out too!

Scattered
Absoultely scattered, my first therapist and I weren't a good match, I never expected that to happen though, "don't ignore weird feelings with therapists."

I'm planning clinical psyc and am pretty happy I've gotten experience being on the couch lol...