View Full Version : Kiss the Cook <3 Garlic Chicken and Vegetables

Gourmet
11-04-05, 02:16 AM
A special request at my house from 5 hungry men. Mega-kisses after dinner.

Garlic Chicken and Vegetables
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ most important....fix yourself a little glass of "cookin wine" to enhance the experience..I like a chardonnay with this dish, but merlot is always a favorite

~Heat a very large skillet or wok over medium heat. When pan is hot add several tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.

~Saute 2 or 3 cloves of crushed garlic.

~I use six boneless, skinless chicken breasts for my crowd, but you can fix this dinner just as easily for one or two depending on your company.

~Dredge chicken breasts in flour, season with cracked pepper, sea salt, basil, and any other herb of your choice. Those are my favorites. Rosemary may be too strong for this dish.

~you can remove garlic or leave it in the dish if you like....just don't cook it past a golden color because it will be bitter

~add coated chicken breasts into hot pan....still set on medium/medium high. You don't want the oil to smoke.

~brown the chicken until golden on both sides.....it is really a pretty color

~make sure you keep a tablespoon or so of olive oil in the pan always...so add a little if you need to

~The chicken should be golden, but not fully cooked

~Add some grape tomatoes...I buy them in a carton like you would strawberries, and just dump the whole thing in the pan on top of the chicken

~cover the pan and simmer just until the tomatoes begin to "break up"

~then add a pound or two depending of fresh whole green beans.....snap the stems off first

~cover skillet again until the beans are tender...but still a little firm...lol......am I communicating?

~the chicken at this point will be fully cooked and tender......serve, making sure that the oldest kid doesn't take all of the vegetables for himself

~drizzle the servings with fresh lime juice and maybe a little lime zest too...don't overdo it

~dim the lights, add a candle, refill your glass and play some light jazz.........and there you have it...your favorite restaurant <3

~gourmet~

Joyous56
11-08-05, 05:12 PM
Sounds yummy! And easy! Thanks!

tpst
11-21-05, 11:17 AM
Great recipie thanks! A little cornflour would help if you put it in the chickens coating though

...Daria
11-21-05, 12:50 PM
This is great! A super dinner for tonight to come!

Gourmet
11-21-05, 09:55 PM
I hope you enjoy then!
I have also made this using broccoli instead of green beans and tomatoes. Great meal for ADHD cookers...super easy and doesn't take long.

Serve with rice pilaf made with chicken stock or something noodley too if you live with "horses" like I do. Do you know that horses coo? ;)

Pinot Grigio..good too.

~gourmet~

...Daria
11-22-05, 01:34 AM
This recipe was just the nice change of pace we enjoy. Thanks again!!