View Full Version : There's hardly ever anyone in the chat room

AlaskaLady
11-11-05, 09:30 PM
:( is there a good time? i'm thinking, well here in alaska its 430 pm so on the east coast, maybe somebody's home from work, had dinner.....sigh.

scuro
11-11-05, 10:06 PM
I have problems even typing in chat

Prairiewind
11-11-05, 11:35 PM
Everytime I sign on to chat, I'm the ONLY one in there. It's frustrating:(

Ian
11-11-05, 11:58 PM
The chat room is often dead, mainly because it is a lame application I think. Most people that enjoy chatting in that way, use much more user friendly vehicles. IRC (Internet Relay Chat) being one of the oldest and most developed.

As I understand it, the administration of more user friendly chat environments comes with it's own set of headaches.

It's certainly a much bigger job to administer an IRC channel, and or server, than it is to log nothing and have limited features like the chat room here.

I believe it's a "Java" application that remains problematic here. I love the chat format, but have been unsuccessful in finding support here. The culture here is not used to it so it's pretty tough to miss something if you've never had it.

Many people post requests looking for others interested in chatting. If you open your buddy list to see who might be on line, you might try sending PM's to a bunch of your friends here and seeing if they had time or energy to join you in the chat here.

I see you have only a few posts here so you aren't likely to have a big list of people you know and like here. As you read posts and get to know and enjoy some others, maybe make a note of it and invite them to join you for a chat.
Cheers! Ian