View Full Version : How many have actually purchased clean things?

meadd823
11-14-05, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by nuffsed

How many of you out that have actually gone out and purchased "clean" things (underwear, sox, entire new outfits, etc.) because you couldn't find them/didn't do the laundry.

I will add for interest if you have what did you end up buying the most? If you haven't how did you manage????

meadd823
11-23-05, 03:40 AM
So we are broke and forgetful!!!!!

Ihavekeys?
11-23-05, 01:05 PM
rofl so its not just me eh?

speedo
11-23-05, 11:17 PM
No, it is not just you... :p

Me :D

meadd823
12-02-05, 11:43 PM
Interesting results.

Out of the nine people who have voted so far, all understand why a person would want to buy new things because they are clean!!! Pretty scary that we ALL automatically understand the reason....one respondent has used this poll to discover this as an option. Only one person had voted that they have never done this nor do they see them selves doing this.

As of this writing:

The majority(33.33%) still buys new stuff because it is clean from time to time ;

which is tied (33.33%) with the would if I could afford to response!!!!!!!

speedo
12-03-05, 04:10 AM
Three pairs of levis slacks and two shirts, just this week. I didn't have time to do laundry.

I must have close to 30 black T-shirts by now.

Me :D

bythesea
12-06-05, 05:33 AM
I have a friend who hates to go do laundry because she has to drive to the laundrymat and so regularly buys new underwear.

I don't have the money, or room for extra clothes and don't feel right about buying new things when I've got enough functional clothes.

However, I will admit that I was washing a couple pair of underwear by hand in the shower this morning to hang dry for tomorrow because I was about to put on my last clean pair and I had a feeling I wasn't going to get to my laundry today.

Braack
12-06-05, 06:27 AM
Hmm....with paying for all the medicine and psych appointments, I wouldn't have

money for new clothes every week, I dont' mind doing laundry, makes me feel

better...but you always have the option of picking up that shirt you wore the other

day, which I have to admit I do from time to time. =)

that hasn't been washed yet and putting on an extreme amount of smelly good stuff

~boots~
03-03-06, 12:52 AM
I throw things out when they look too hard to clean..LOL..like baking pans etc..and I now buy disposable ones..

I love doing the washing (clothes) as I love to watch the water sloshing, it is very soothing, and pegging out I like because it is soooo peaceful in my back garden !

When I had top loading washing machine I would be in and out of the laundry, lifting the lid and just watching it go "slosh slosh slosh!" Now I have a front loader I have to be happy watching it through the glass window LOL

jess
03-03-06, 07:59 AM
well this post thing has had me cracked up better stop laughing other wise stress incontinance will take hold !
have on numerous occasions had to buy new swim gear for kids cause id forgotten to bring theirs.
but as for clean its t shirts that i have excessed on and little kids pants and trouser bottoms when they were small cause id forgotton a change for them and an accident had occured . Often chuck clothes in bath and get kids to wash it ha ha small pleasures ! the first time i moved out of home into a flat hadnt done washing up for a bit binned most of it caus it was all car boot plates etc that id bought for a couple of quid and started using plastic cutlery and paper plates !! life is too short to wash dishes.

Conlaw
03-03-06, 09:30 AM
I buy new things because I can't find things I have - anything from clothes to hmmm, well just about anything. It does get expensive, and I usually find the old thing right after I've bought the new thing (although sometimes I never find the old thing).

I'm not sure why, but laundry is the only household chore that I don't detest. It still piles up and I often buy new socks and pantyhose, but it's losing things that's my big problem.

Julezz
03-03-06, 10:16 AM
Do it often. From kitchen items to clothing items. Just the other day I bought three new shirts (on sale...:D ) to wear to work. I have about 10, but most of them need to be washed on delicate and then of course ironed :eyebrow: yeah right!!

I know that I won't iron them, but usually convince myself that I will do it this time, or I just don't think about it.

I have been known to wear things that um.... have been worn before.... several times...:o :o :o because there is nothing left to wear. The dryer and a couple dryer sheets makes a world of difference.

erratica_1
03-06-06, 11:48 AM
Febreze is the best invention ever! A few sprays, and those jeans can be worn for a third time :)

Wisteria
04-11-06, 08:08 AM
many times. not just for me, for my kids too. My husband is pretty organized and takes care of his own laundry and sorting and putting away of clothes so usually can find what he needs and it is usually clean when he needs it.

He expects me to handle everyone else's.

as an aside and maybe could be a whole new topic of discussion, how about going somewhere with the family (for us that would be five kids, my husband and I and my mom who is our nanny) and once we arrive, even though I totally overpacked we are missing all sorts of stuff that we needed and we end up going out and buying. Meantime we cart around all sorts of luggage filled with stuff we didn't need to bring along.

meadd823
04-22-06, 03:48 AM
as an aside and maybe could be a whole new topic of discussion

Okay.........

How many kids do you have...if they are tall enough to reack top of washer they are old enough to begin learning to wash own clothes!!

This may save some money on new things........

nuffsed
05-16-06, 03:23 PM
I think laundry is so satisfying to do because it is simple and focused. Put dirty clothes and soap and water in machine - when done, move to dryer (or hang outside which is very nice and calming)

The laundromat is my favorite place and I've figured out why. Along with all those nice smells and soothing noises - a laundromat is designed for just that - laundry--nothing else, no other distractions, oh, if only everything was that simple.

HELPFUL HINT: If your clothes are smelly from cigarette smoke or camp fires - throw them in the dryer with a wet dryer sheet for about 20 minutes - the smell goes away--trust me!