View Full Version : Can Risperdal Be Used For Irritability?

netsavy006
11-14-05, 02:41 PM
:pPlease respond in the poll or post responce, which-ever you prefer...:p

netsavy006
11-14-05, 02:43 PM
I want to know because I get very irritable and I'm told that risperdal is one of the "safer" medications to take. I've also read it's tolorated better.

netsavy006
11-14-05, 02:44 PM
It's just *Does it work?*

Sc@tterBr@in_UK
11-18-05, 12:57 PM
That would really depend on what is causing the irritability and agitation. If it's an ADHD thing it may actually make it worse. If it's a bipolar thing it may help. Sure depends on the individual so nobody can say "it definitely helps" or "it definitely doesn't help".

And you'd be better off asking your doctor these questions.

netsavy006
11-26-05, 07:50 PM
I don't know if it is bipolar or adhd or asperger's related agitation/irritibility.

Fast Talker
12-01-05, 06:52 PM
Hello There:

Long before I was diagnosed with ADHD, my psychiatrists were telling me that I had Generalized Anxiety. The psychiatrist gave me Risperidone. I was taking 6mg of Risperidone a day. I did see a difference in my irritability. It was less for sure. Unfortunately I had to go off of it because I was reacting badly to one of the fillers in the pills. :(

speedo
12-01-05, 07:01 PM
I was having problems with anxiety that I attribuited to my sensory problems. Taking risperdal helps a lot. So far, I have not had any problems and I hope I don't develop any because it works better than anything that I have tried so far.

ME :D

amiegrace
12-03-05, 10:42 PM
Risperdal definitely helps with irritability, but in my case it helped too much -- I turned into a docile creature very much unlike my natural personality -- so I didn't like it very much -- but I was taking it in combination with some mood stabilizers so that may have had something to do with it.