View Full Version : Dexedrine and Wellbutrin

lee03
11-23-05, 11:30 PM
Hi, I am on my third combination of add and depression drugs. I have taken wellbutrin with straterra, didnt work. straterra and zoloft, didnt work, straterra and lexapro, nope. wellbutrin with ritalin, nope again. adderall and zoloft, no.
I am tired depressed, has anyone tried these two together?? I absolutely love what wellbutrin does for my mood and mental state. I am excited about trying dexedrine, but a little scared because of the habit forming substances. Any advice???

If__
12-08-05, 02:21 PM
Hi lee03,

Wellbutrin and Dexedrine is what I take to take care of my depr. and my Add. I've been taking Dexedrine for about 6 years and haven't abused it once. I've tried it in combination with Zoloft at first (I was clouded-minded and had horrible night sweats), then switched to Paxil (same thing, even worst), until I tried the dex. with the Wellbutrin. Bingo! That was the perfect combination for me. How did it work for you?

Iwalani8
07-26-06, 02:15 AM
i am considering starting welbutrin. i have been on a tiny dose of zoloft for three years, and started dexedrine a year ago. my depression has gotten bad in the past few months, and i have heard good things about welbutrin. any one have any experiences to share on the combination of these two?

adhdgirl
08-09-06, 02:44 PM
I have taken Paxil 20 mg. for a long time (generic) and started on Ritalin 30 mg. a day about 2 months ago and I totally LOVE it. I take the last dose of ritalin together with my paxil at night and sleep very well but feel great during the day. I guess everyone is different. I have never taken wellbutrin.

Jaret1968
08-23-06, 12:20 AM
Hi I have been taking dexedrine (ritalin) and wellbutrin for over six years now. Eight years ago I did take zoloft, it made me crazier than I was before. So after a year of that I quit taking it. About a year later I was diagnosed with a Learning disorder and tried both Ritalin and dexedrine with wellbutrin (150mg).

I had taken dexedrine and wellbutrin for may half of the six years and ritalen and wellbutrin for the other three years. I noticed I was not as motivated on ritalin as I was on dexedrine. So I had my doctor switch me back two months ago.

Dexedrine made my memory much clearer than ritalin, to be honest I don't know if ritalin really did much for me. The doctor started me out on (300mg) or wellbutrin for the longest time and I felt kind of bummed out often. I started to take only one tablet a day and within weeks I was feeling much more positive and vibrant.

I have tried Paxil and did I even gain allot of weight in a short time, yeah I was happier but my energy level was non existent. So I got off of that after six months. Dexedrine kills my apphetite, but also my compulsive thinking also. But it is the best medicine I have taken yet and wellbutrin seems to work very well for me combined with it as long as its in a smaller dosage than what is typically prescribed.

I hope this information is usefull to you or anyone else who might be able to benefit from it. Peace, Jaret

speedo
08-23-06, 12:26 AM
WEllbutrin has done okay for me after about a year and a half on it.

Me :D

Iwalani8
08-26-06, 11:50 PM
been on wellbutrin and dexedrine together for just over a month now. wellbutrin dose just moved up to 300 mg, and dex is 35 mg.
good combination so far!! actually, quite good.

D.B. Cooper
08-27-06, 12:44 AM
They both do the exact same thing only of course the dexedrine is alot more potent in the dopamine repuktake department. I'd think all that norepinephrine would make you twitchy as all hell but eh everyones different.