View Full Version : What's your favourite tip from the book?

Slowpoke
10-02-03, 01:47 PM
Hi all!
I'm just trying to keep an eye on this forum, so I thought I would put up a question to try and get the discussion going again... and to help people to remember to keep reading and thnking abou these issues!

What tip is your favourite from the book?

I will post later...
I have to study for my math quiz pronto!!

fasttalkingmom
10-02-03, 01:53 PM
So far the launching pad is my favorite !!! It's working wonders for me.

Paula

Wheel1975
10-02-03, 03:01 PM
Geeze. how many people have this book?

how many will go out with me and buy it?

(It sounds good)

smooch
10-02-03, 04:16 PM
Wheel, dude, you really gotta get this book!

It gives so many ideas to deal with ADDers' organizational "issues." They're split into three "assistance levels" (for lack of a better term): techniques you can use on your own, techniques you can accomplish by asking a friend/fam member to help you, and finally techniques that would probably require a "professional"--either an ADD coach or a Professional Organizer.

Some of the suggestions seem like they'd be so obvious...but, of course, considering/noticing/happening upon the "obvious" has never been a strength of mine...gotta make it difficult and all.... :)

Andrew
10-02-03, 04:24 PM
If you're interested in ordering this book, you can find a direct link to purchase it at Amazon at: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=148

Wheel1975
10-02-03, 04:51 PM
I try to be a volitional consumer...

i try to support local business when i rely on local qualities, and I would support this board rather than just "internet" business if it were an option...

David

VisualImagery
10-20-03, 10:28 PM
Amazon can benefit other websites. See their site for policies. I think you can earn 15% of sales.

Keppig
07-14-04, 10:03 PM
I love the simplifying suggestions they give. I reduced my dishes by half and I now have a son who doesn't mind doing the dishes :D

Michiko74
01-04-08, 01:52 PM
They suggested a basket that you bring with you from room to room. I think they said so you won't be running around so much. Such a simple thing, and yet it makes all the difference in the world!!

SarahBear
02-06-08, 01:29 AM
I know I'm asking a ridiculous question...what book are we talking about here? lol

Silicone
02-22-08, 03:05 PM
I know I'm asking a ridiculous question...what book are we talking about here? lol
ADD Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life

SuzzanneX
02-27-08, 05:53 PM
keep a stiff upper lip!

LOL!

garykelly
06-16-08, 04:50 PM
I think my favorite, or at least the one that sticks out in my mind, is the one about looking at a portion of the room you want to clean through a paper towel tube. It keeps you from being overwhelmed by helping break the task down into a small part.

By the way...love the pic!