View Full Version : New face

rehaber
12-20-05, 04:34 PM
I just found this board today. I call myself rehaber because I just finished 90 days without opiates for the first time in 6 years. I finally got help at a place that treats addiction as a symptom of another problem, in my case the diagnosis was add. Looking back it makes sense to me and everyone who knows me. I thought I was just driven, now I understand I was dopamine deficient and opiates initially release more dopamine. It was weird because I had several operations on knee's and shoulder's over the years and always stopped the pain meds when the worst pain faded. Then the last operation, with no sports or business to run, the theory is I self medicated to feel " normal". I understand addiction is a whole different suject, but the doc that helped me says 60% of his patients are add/addhd. As I have researched brain chemistry, addiction, and add, it makes sense to me. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Anyway, I am glad to be here, be on two feet, be on adderal xr and be back in life , especially with a better understanding of myself, because I can really confuse even me with some of my actions.

Crybaby1898
12-20-05, 05:46 PM
well congrats on the 90 days thing. I hope you found this forums just as helpfull as i have found it. i pray that everything inyour life goes really well.

rehaber
12-20-05, 05:48 PM
Thank you michelle!