View Full Version : Stand back, is she going to blow???

Draga
12-21-05, 12:54 PM
Ever since Hurricane Katrina, when I was at the evacuee shelter, I mentioned in another threadWell the shrinks here are worried about my Bipolar and my many episodes cause of stress .....hehe I think they worried more about me having a nervous breakdown...sooooooooooo they put me on this med called Seroquel ..stuff knocks me out sumfin fearce and geting dizzy spells so far.....lol so I gots eyes on me round da clock.
A friend looked up this medicine online for me, come to find out the medicine is used to treat schizophrenia. I know some articles have said bipolar and schiz are in the same ball park.

Oh yeah, did I happen to mention that the minute I said I was bipolar, I was moved from side of the shelter to way in the back away from everyone else...oh sure, I was glad they did it, but I can't help but wonder were they afraid FOR me or OF me?

Either way, it would at one time ticked me off but now I kinda laugh at it. Just because I am bipolar does not mean I am going to hurt anyone or myself no matter how stressful the situation I was in. :rolleyes:

That, mind you, is just one example. I have no problem admitting I am bipolar or ADHD to anyone and I happened to mention it in a chat room to a few new aquaintances and their reaction made me lmao.

"Oh, Draga, I am so sorry to hear that." :eek:

:rolleyes: Sorry for what? I not like I have the plauge or I become a leopard. LOL I was the one feeling sorry for her. hehe

I was watching CSI the other day one of the characters was this man who claimed to be a mythical character & his girlfriend was threw temper tantrums, attacked people, ailenating everyone around her, etc .....oh yeah they both had bipolar. How do I know? One of the detectives refferred to the guy as "Bipolar Boy who badly needs his medication.

Oh I know they have people like this in the world, but not all of us are like that. I think if Tv wants to expliot mental health stereotypes as entertainment for the masses, at least base it on more than just one perception. Hehe just me opinion.

I am at a point in my life where I just laugh at things like this....People wanna automatically stereotype me without even truly knowning what I am about...that's on them.

I just have to wonder if thier reactions are based on experience in knowning people who are bipolar or are they just sucked into the media perception of a person who has bipolar.

Ok...hehe I just needed to vent this :D

Crybaby1898
12-21-05, 03:16 PM
you go girl that is how everyone needs to handle that kind of situation. thats is so coool.

Crybaby1898
12-21-05, 03:18 PM
man i wish i new how to put smiles on these tings

speedo
12-21-05, 06:56 PM
We love ya' Dragon lady.

*hugs*

Me :D

speedo
12-21-05, 06:58 PM
Draga;

You would get an "oh I am so sorry" from me, but only because I have friends who are bipolar and I feel like I have a clue that it is a very tough disorder to live with at times.

We love ya' Dragon lady, you just have to know that. :p

ME :D

Ever since Hurricane Katrina, when I was at the evacuee shelter, I mentioned in another thread
A friend looked up this medicine online for me, come to find out the medicine is used to treat schizophrenia. I know some articles have said bipolar and schiz are in the same ball park.

Oh yeah, did I happen to mention that the minute I said I was bipolar, I was moved from side of the shelter to way in the back away from everyone else...oh sure, I was glad they did it, but I can't help but wonder were they afraid FOR me or OF me?

Either way, it would at one time ticked me off but now I kinda laugh at it. Just because I am bipolar does not mean I am going to hurt anyone or myself no matter how stressful the situation I was in. :rolleyes:

That, mind you, is just one example. I have no problem admitting I am bipolar or ADHD to anyone and I happened to mention it in a chat room to a few new aquaintances and their reaction made me lmao.

:rolleyes: Sorry for what? I not like I have the plauge or I become a leopard. LOL I was the one feeling sorry for her. hehe

I was watching CSI the other day one of the characters was this man who claimed to be a mythical character & his girlfriend was threw temper tantrums, attacked people, ailenating everyone around her, etc .....oh yeah they both had bipolar. How do I know? One of the detectives refferred to the guy as "Bipolar Boy who badly needs his medication.

Oh I know they have people like this in the world, but not all of us are like that. I think if Tv wants to expliot mental health stereotypes as entertainment for the masses, at least base it on more than just one perception. Hehe just me opinion.

I am at a point in my life where I just laugh at things like this....People wanna automatically stereotype me without even truly knowning what I am about...that's on them.

I just have to wonder if thier reactions are based on experience in knowning people who are bipolar or are they just sucked into the media perception of a person who has bipolar.

Ok...hehe I just needed to vent this :D

Draga
12-21-05, 09:19 PM
Draga;

You would get an "oh I am so sorry" from me, but only because I have friends who are bipolar and I feel like I have a clue that it is a very tough disorder to live with at times.

We love ya' Dragon lady, you just have to know that. :p

ME :D

Speedy, dawlin, of course i know ya'll wuv me...vice versa hon. Don't feel sorry cause I am bipolar, lol my life is screwed up enough to where there are plenty of woes to pity me for LOL :p xoxoxo

Draga
12-21-05, 09:25 PM
Seriously, I didn't just post this thread to vent...but hopin some pple might help shed some light on I just have to wonder if thier reactions are based on experience in knowning people who are bipolar or are they just sucked into the media perception of a person who has bipolar.

Thank You, sweetie for explainin why u would feel sorry. Have you ever got the "oh I am so sorry" speech cause you have ADHD? LOL I know I got em for both and then they were really sorry when I told em I had both.
My favorite line, "Damn, girl, you really got it bad."

I just remember looking at them thinking, Thank you for showing me how things could be worse :D