View Full Version : Anyone in Central New York, help please.

roly poly
12-21-05, 12:56 PM
I don't know how many people in the Syracuse, New York area read these posts, but I think it's worth the attempt.

I have been trying to find an ADHD support group in the Syracuse area since the beginning of December. I've searched the internet, called the mental health organzations, talked with EAP, talked with my psychiatrist...

Does anyone know of a support group that meets in the Syracuse area?

I can't beleive that I'm the only person with ADHD in the Syracuse area that wants to join a support group.:confused:

mymind
12-22-05, 07:51 PM
hey, i'm going through the same thing and i live in nyc....although i have found a group but they're in manhattan, which is not easy for me to get to. have you tried this: http://www.add.org i thought that i saw something for rochester on this site, but don't know if rochester is close for you or not.

Joyous56
12-22-05, 09:06 PM
I live in Rochester and have attended one of the support groups here. The adult group meets once a month; I didn't find it that applicable...for me and my situation, but their website is really great. There are a lot of good articles. The organization name is Greater Rochester ADD Association. You can type in GRADDA on your browser, or if it's allowed, here is the link:

http://gradda.home.isp-direct.com/

If you want to contact me, please feel free to send a PM.

roly poly
12-24-05, 09:18 PM
Thanks, but Rochester is 70 miles from me.

Tbone81000
06-01-06, 03:33 AM
Hey I live in Jamesville, NY and I too am looking (unsuccessfully) for a support group in the area. The closest i've found so far is in Herkimer (about a 50 min drive). Let me know if you have found anything since your last post and i'll continue to search as well.

roly poly
07-20-06, 02:27 PM
Just posting to let anyone know that I have registered with meetup.com for ADD support groups. So far there are others that have registered. If there happen to be enough maybe a group will pan out. Please, those of you in this area, sign up for meetup.com ADD support groups.:)

terrylynn
12-24-08, 03:16 PM
Hi- I live in cny- I'd definitely like to hookup with some people in area. Bout 20 miles north of city. Central Square. Contact me if ya want we might beable to help one another . :) Tc- Hope to hear from you !!! :)

terrylynn
12-24-08, 03:17 PM
Oh the Buffalo thing was wrong Btw , though I did live there yrs n yrs ago attending college . :)