View Full Version : OCD positive

srhtinker
12-21-05, 04:28 PM
OK, now I'm OC. It all makes sense. I worked at a fast food rest. a while ago and everyone thought I was a freak. Knowing it was a job, I expected everyone to do it my way (the right, by the book way). It came to the point were I would stress myself out watching people do everything wrong and felt like it was my fault. The sad part was that I was the store trainer, not a good combo, LOL. Our kitchen, livingroom, and dining area is pretty much one big room. My husband, roomate, son(4), and roomates brother(tempiraly) all live here. I get in these outbusts about just cleaning (OCD cleaning) yesterday and the place is a mess the next. I get so mad because even if they did clean, it's not the way I want it. The worst part is, that there is to many people living there to satisfy my OCD. Anyway, be back.

onetrackmind
12-21-05, 04:49 PM
OK, now I'm OC. It all makes sense. I worked at a fast food rest. a while ago and everyone thought I was a freak. Knowing it was a job, I expected everyone to do it my way (the right, by the book way). It came to the point were I would stress myself out watching people do everything wrong and felt like it was my fault. I haven’t been tested for OCD, that I know of, but I know exactly what you mean. I did 8 years in the military and it’s a great place for people that need things done “by the book”. A lot of ADDers thrive in that environment, military environment that is.

srhtinker
12-21-05, 05:17 PM
OK, I'm back. My husband and I had a little talk and he told me that he was once OC about the cleaning thing. He told me ways he delt with it. Theres nothing you can do about the other people living there. They don't care about the mess and their not asking you to clean. His solution was to make your box ( a certain room or area ) that nobody uses and keep it the way you want it to satisfy your OC. He was right, because the next day when I saw my doc, she pretty much agreed with him.
I figure this thread might be a place for me to learn and share my success with you all.
Happy cleaning

srhtinker
12-21-05, 05:23 PM
I haven’t been tested for OCD, that I know of, but I know exactly what you mean. I did 8 years in the military and it’s a great place for people that need things done “by the book”. A lot of ADDers thrive in that environment, military environment that is. I thought about joining because my sister is in the Coast Guard, but they won't take me because of Asthma and I'm Audiotory Defficet, wich means I learn better when people are explaining while showing me and I still have a hard time with it.
Hey, I'm from VA. Was raised around Richmond. My sister is stationed in VA Beach

onetrackmind
12-21-05, 05:47 PM
The military is DEFINITYLY not for everyone. I didn’t know what was wrong with me but I knew I couldn’t just go to college out of high school. The military was the only reasonable option at the time for me and the atmosphere made it easy for me to blend in.

My wife is stationed in Norfolk with two years to go :). We just moved here a few months ago.

srhtinker
12-22-05, 10:06 AM
The military is DEFINITYLY not for everyone. I didn’t know what was wrong with me but I knew I couldn’t just go to college out of high school. The military was the only reasonable option at the time for me and the atmosphere made it easy for me to blend in.

My wife is stationed in Norfolk with two years to go :). We just moved here a few months ago.

She lives in Norfolk, too. What branch is your wife in ?

onetrackmind
12-22-05, 10:39 AM
We’re a Navy family.

srhtinker
12-22-05, 11:37 AM
Cool, I'm actuall going up to Richmond for the holidays.

meadd823
12-24-05, 10:08 AM
And.....have you guys gotten better with learning messiness!!!!

I am think of moving a thread from General because I think you two and the writer of the original post need to meet badly...if you three mix what we will have is house keeping perfection!!! Not to neat not to messy just right!!!

I think each one who falls into these extreme categories can learn from the other side...I mean a clean home is important but not nearly as important as being comfortable...the constant state of frenzy doesn't seem like to much fun.

People need to hear praise when they make an effort to help out around the house. I understand that OCD is a way of being like ADD. I do wish to help just not too sure how. Sense I do not have OCD I have decided to do some thing very ADD.

See if each side of this equation can meet with the other and learn how to be slightly different. I think the readers of both will be able to easily see that while some adjustments need to be made being the exact opposite is not the answer either.

Thread moved; here is the hyperlink to that one

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24075

I really think folks who are ADD but have opposite problems in life can help each other!!!! Only one way to find out!!!!!

Merry Christmas

meadd823
12-29-05, 01:29 AM
I get so mad because even if they did clean, it's not the way I want it. The worst part is, that there is to many people living there to satisfy my OCD. Anyway, be back.

Often in ADD people the desire to control the internal is done by attempting to keep the external just so (OCD traits). This seem paradox however it does happen and can be a good thing if not taken too far. A home should be a place of comfort for all. This should mean having things reasonably clean but total sterility is a bit to much to expect.