View Full Version : Experiences on Paxil & Strattera?

ahalo
12-24-05, 01:53 AM
I've read of an interaction between the two-- anyone else taken both at once? Noticed anything? I'm currently on 25 mg/day of Paxil CR and 40 mg/day of Strattera. Since going up to 40 mg of Strattera I find that I must sleep a lot, meaning all night long and a couple 2-3 hour naps during the day. Wondering if that's normal or could be a result of some type of interaction... I'm supposed to get up to 85 mg of Strattera in the next couple of weeks and imagine by then I'll be sleeping 20 hours a day or something... Any actual personal experiences with the 2 would be great to hear about, good or bad.

northstar
12-25-05, 10:08 PM
Hi, How long have you been on the Paxil? My husband took it for about 6 months and all he did was sleep. He lost touch with all emotions and pretty much was a different person. I looked up paxil side effects on the internet and found a blog with so many disturbing complaints. I would get off that CRAP ASAP!!! It has been pulled in several countries. The longer you take it the harder the withdrawl is going to be.

I realize you asked about someone giving you input on taking both strattera and paxil. My DH was just taking the Paxil,though he did sleep non-stop. i just hate to see that anyone would take that. That darn pill almost destroyed our marriage. I MADE him get off it. Actually he is still weaning off now and things are getting better but the withdrawl has been very difficult for him.

I have also heard that strattera makes you sleepy. I'm no dr. but I would try a stimulant before trying strattera. ADDers don't need to be any more sleepy than they already are.

Good luck!!
Lisa

93j9dx
12-26-05, 03:25 PM
I havent had any experence with Strattera and have little knowedge of it but ive been on paxil nearly a year, currently taking 30mg a day, and it has been a tremendous help for me. I would suggest talking it over with your doctor when you can because the effects of medications, especially ones such as these, can have quite different effects baised on your bodys physiology and what not.
For instance befor i started the paxil I would sleep alot,12 hours or so a day, and didnt really feel, as far as emotions. However now I do not have such problems. I am abel to really feel a whole range of emotions, not just a sort of emotional numbness, and dont need to sleep nearly as much. So for me paxil has thust far worked magnifficently.
So the point im trying to make (Im pretty sleep deprived currently,unrelated to medications. Please bear with me if I havent been able to express myself very clearly or have just failed to make any sence) is ultimately the right choise of medication is only gonna be able to be worked out between you and your docktor, although it is very helpfull to educate yourself as much as you can
There might have been something else i wanted to add, but its kinda hard to make a relevent, comprehendable point without getting anywhere nere sufficent sleep, much less to not get sidetracked several times in the process. But anyway
good luck with your treatment and hopefully someone else can give some information on the combination of the two meds.

kira
12-27-05, 06:02 PM
I also take paxil along with welbutrin. It has worked well for me although I can also sleep 15 hours easily if allowed too. I am ALWAYS tired and have to force my myself to stay awake during the day if I didn't get at least 9-10 hours of sleep the night before. So the sleepiness could also be from the paxil?

Cara

Kathrick
02-25-06, 04:33 AM
While I appreciate other people's feedback, I must disagree with the symptoms mentioned. I take 60Mg of Paxil and 120mg Strattera daily, for the past 6 months, and find that it has actually been pretty helpful in combatting my OCD and ADHD. I have no sleeping issues cropping up.

/Kathrick