View Full Version : Christmas gifts

meadd823
12-29-05, 01:41 AM
:eek: What to do with the new additions given as Christmas gifts ????? I have many of mine still in boxes and sitting on tables, couches ect. The largest thing I have to figure out what to do with is a luggage set!!!

Any one else???? Any ideas????

barbyma
12-29-05, 02:17 AM
:eek: What to do with the new additions given as Christmas gifts ????? I have many of mine still in boxes and sitting on tables, couches ect. The largest thing I have to figure out what to do with is a luggage set!!!

Any one else???? Any ideas????
I'm a big proponent of re-gifting.

I know some think it's tacky, but I think it's much better to give it to someone who'll appreciate it than to throw it away. If I don't know anyone who I think would like it, I give it to a charity. I got three gifts this year that I don't think ANYONE I know would want, so they're going to Good Will with the boxes of outgrown toys I removed from the boys' room (7 hours of work Monday!).

To make room for the new bikes and stuff we bought 3 months ago, DH and I are throwing out or giving away half of what's currently in our garage. Anything I haven't touched since we moved into the house 2 1/2 years ago is out!

mctavish23
12-29-05, 02:39 AM
I'd take a trip, so that I could 'break them in." :)

Deeperblue
12-29-05, 10:31 AM
:cool: how about a gift exchange with your friends?

I do like McT's idea, though I would probably not want to pack... Hey, you might want to just pack up all of the stuff in your new suit cases and store them in the attic?:rolleyes:

have fun:eek: (I can relate:confused: )

Joyous56
12-29-05, 10:48 AM
Geez. I didn't get that you don't WANT these gifts...just that you don't know what to do with them.

I usually let any Christmas 'debris', including my own gift wrap, gifts received, even decorations....stay where they are for about a month or so, until I can come up with a plan. It's just too overwhelming.....

barbyma
12-29-05, 02:14 PM
Headline News is running a cute story where they withhold the identity of their sources (interview in shadow). These guys are selling unwanted gifts on eBay....:p

Deeperblue
12-29-05, 02:39 PM
Headline News is running a cute story where they withhold the identity of their sources (interview in shadow). These guys are selling unwanted gifts on eBay....:p
perhaps an auction right here at the forums
or

I say take all of the gift out of the boxes. Jump up and down on them and throw em [just the boxes;) ]out. Next neatly:p place your gifts on a table and take notes:faint:

You might want to walk away for a couple of days so that you can think more clearly:confused:. Next patiently wait for inspiration:eek: .

In the mean time you can be assured that we will come up with more ideas :D

Deeperblue
12-29-05, 02:49 PM
actually:D , I'd rather think about this problem than go to my physical therapy apt [in half an hour:eek: ] for my frozen shoulder... now that hurts.

I'd even take a sleigh full of presents and I'd feed the reindeer for the fun of it. I'd be glad to have Santa to my house for dinner... And maybe even wrap gifts for next year:faint:

Maybe I will just sigh up as a helper since I have always wondered about the NORTH POLE. Maybe I could borrow a suitcase for my trip up north.

meadd823
12-31-05, 02:13 AM
You guys make me laugh, which I truly needed at this moment!!!!

McT you said the same thing Gary did, "take luggage on trip" what do I do with it in the mean time????

Yea Gary and I do travel quite a bit and he wanted new lugauge. His sister was the one who gave us the luggage set my family knows better. They know I can't figure out what to do with any thing larger than a bread box.
The largest thing I got from my side of the family was slippers.

Gary isn't the one who has to figure out where the luggage goes between trips although I liked the idea of packing the rest of the Christmas gifts in the luggage set my only problem I have no attic. I don't know if tossing them up on the roof would
be quite the same, although it is an idea worth pondering????

Maybe I could borrow a suitcase for my trip up north.

They'll be up on the roof top waiting for ya!!!:p