View Full Version : Is there someone I can see?

01-01-06, 07:51 PM
I live in by Edmonton in Alberta, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a doctor that I could see about ADD? My doctor won't give me the time of day.

01-02-06, 11:14 PM

In this forum there where you posted this thread there are some threads oh how to find dr to help you check out these threads below yours

01-03-06, 12:14 AM
My doctor won't give me the time of day. Then see another doctor.

01-03-06, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the help.

01-03-06, 12:53 AM
Welcome. Let us know how you make out. I have now learned that being nice with an overworked government medical system will get you nowhere.

01-03-06, 01:18 AM
I see a neurologist because I am epileptic. I told him I wanted to be tested for ADHD and Dyslexia cause I noticed certain characteristics. I wanted to be tested and he refered me to the neuropsychologist upstairs in the same hospital.

I think you would be wise to see a neurologist first and talk to him or her because ADHD is a neurological disorder. He will knowt he right dr to refer you too. tell them about your insurance. Let me know how you are doing. Your welcome hun.

01-10-06, 08:06 PM
Yes. From what i understand about Epilepsy, there are memory problems, and personality changes, etc.. These things are generally in the Temporal Lobe.

A neuropsychologist who can do several hours of "game style" testing may be the best thing for you, in terms of locating your deficits. Usually hospitals have them on staff. If not the General Hospital, than the Long-Term psych. hospitals have them. (Testing Psychologists outside gov't hospital systems generally do not take provincial Health Insurance. I can only speak for Ontario, ofcourse.)

Do you know where your epileptic lesion foci (the "seizure sites in your brain") are located?


PS. Let us know how it goes...

01-10-06, 08:19 PM
I would also suggest making a SHOPPING LIST of symptoms and "wishes" that you notice. I do this when i go to the doctor.

eg. a QEEG, etc.