View Full Version : The Out Of Sync Child Book

Crazygirl79
01-09-06, 01:44 AM
Hi People.

I'm planning on buying the book "The Out Of Sync Child" by Carol Stock Kranowitz as the short blurb on it sounds like me and it's known to be an excellent book on Sensory Processing Disorder (Sensory Integration Dysfunction)

What I want to know is has anyone else read it and if so what do you think of the book.

Thanks
Selena:)

CJGsMom
03-13-06, 05:02 PM
I've read the book and attended one of her workshops and IMHO are both excellent! It came strongly recommended by my son's speech therapist and OT. We've implemented some of the ideas the book gives and it has helped my son immensely!
With that being said, it is geared more toward little kids, but you might be able to find things you can utilize or tweek to make it work more for you.

Crazygirl79
03-13-06, 07:18 PM
Thanks, because I don't live in the states I'll have to order it from www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com) and have it shipped to Australia.

mctavish23
03-13-06, 08:04 PM
Excellent book.

I believe there's a follow up entitled "The Out of Sync Child Has Fun."

Crazygirl79
03-14-06, 07:27 PM
Yes there is and there are many other fantastic books on SID/SPD as well that I plan to get.

INaBOX
05-12-06, 01:25 AM
I have both books .. The Out of Sync Child Has Fun .. and they've been helpful.

dormammau2008
05-12-06, 11:50 AM
The Out of Sync Child Has Fun sounds intresting i go and read that then dorm

INaBOX
05-12-06, 12:32 PM
I'd recommend it as it outlines different activities children would benefit who have various sensory issues.

For example: Did you know that jumping on a trampoline actually stimulates language articulation? So if you have a child with gross motor challenges AND is language delayed, try out the trampoline .. it's like killing two birds with one stone! lol

dormammau2008
05-12-06, 07:06 PM
yes i had that for 2years as a kid motoer impoved lol langauage ehehe the same lol bbut its intresting to see dorm