View Full Version : Trileptal and ADD meds?

HuskyMom
01-13-06, 11:55 AM
I was just wondering...is there anyone here who takes Trileptal for BPD? I have been on it since March of last year, and now it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty and deal with this ADD thing. I'm tired of not being able to focus, and it's slowly wearing me down.:( I was curious as to what you take for ADD in addition to Trileptal (which also doubles as an anti seizure med). If anyone can give feedback it would truly be appreciated.

barbyma
01-13-06, 12:06 PM
By "BPD", you mean Bipolar Disorder, right? Reason I ask is, in psychology the abreviation "BPD" is "Borderline Personality Disorder".

Just a suggestion, but you might use "BAD" (bipolar affective disorder) or "BiP" instead to make sure everyone knows what you're referring to. BAD isn't one most people will know, though; I ten to use BiP.

Anyway, to your question. I am BiP and have taken Prozac for about 12 years, but haven't been on an antiseizure in 9 years, so I've never taken it with a stimulant. But, there isn't any reason to believe they'll interact.

I know it doesn't with Adderall (probably the stim "of choice" right now).

Are your moods under control? I found out the hard way that stims won't work if the moods aren't handled -- I accidently (long story) took 2/3 my Prozac dose for a week and Adderall didn't work very well for a couple of days until I realized what happened and got my Prozac levels back up...

Good luck!