Applied Behavioral Health-Care
(612) 933-3460

St. Louis Park (Minneapolis
area)
Twin Cities CH.A.D.D.
(612) 922-5761

Tara
09-12-03, 07:25 PM
Here's a site that helps people meet up with others with ADD.

Adullt AD/HD
http://adultadd.meetup.com

General AD/HD
http://add.meetup.com

mctavish23
05-15-04, 10:29 PM
I've seen Gary Johnson present.I was impressed(and Im VERY hard to impress).He's an Amen devotee' but I liked him.He knows his stuff. Very competent.

I'm in the process of renewing my professional membership to CHADD and am also getting Barkley's News Letter soon,so I'm excited about that.

We have some great practitoners here in Minnesota and I've learned a lot in the time Ive been here.

livinginchaos
08-08-05, 01:35 AM
Disclaimer: I have never been to any of these groups, so I don't know what they're like.

Joanne Search, M.A.
Gary Johnson, Ph.D
ADD Group
Loring Family Clinic
612 872 9072

Twin Cities CHADD: http://www.chadonline.org/chapters/chadd172.htm
****this website also has other ADHD groups, mostly for parents of kids with AD/HD
meetings are 730pm -930pm
Bloomington Civic Plaza: 1800 Old Shakopee Rd
952 922 5761 (just information, can't leave messages)

Dates and Topics for 2005:
Aug 17th: Karate
Sept 21st: Cut Through Paper Pile Up
Oct 19th: Hi-Tech AD/HD Strategies
Nov 16th: Sleep Disorders
Dec 21st: open meeting (facilitated; people discuss their AD/HD, what works, what doesn't work, etc)

Any questions for them: e-mail: prompt@gtd.org

Rochester CHADD:
Meet every first Thursday of the month
October-November
January-May

Meet and Program: 7-8pm
Support Groups: 8-9pm
Phone: 507 280 6937
fews@charter.net

mctavish23
08-08-05, 10:56 AM
I've seen Gary Johnson present on ADHD and was impressed. At that time (1999), he was very much a devotee'of Amen, however,I thought he really knew his stuff otherwise.

For what it's worth, it's very hard for a non-ADHD psychologist to make a strong positive impression on me.

livinginchaos
08-08-05, 08:52 PM
Thanks, mctavish -
that's good to know!!

timmyo
02-15-07, 02:03 PM
Dr. Johnson extensively tested and diagnosed me. I had previously seen a couple other psychs who made preliminary diagnoses based solely on history, and one even prescribed adderall. I was very impressed with Dr. Johnson. I didn't follow through well with his office, and at the time his office didn't offer group, but I'll be calling him and showing up. He has my recommendation, FWIW.

meadd823
08-23-08, 10:56 AM
If you have up-dated information on a source already provided this is the place to put it - If you have any additions as to where there is a support group for parents as well as ADD adults them selves, families ect this is the thread to add that information -

I am trying to organize these areas and stream line the information so it can be easily located however this area can only be as good as the information members living in the area provide